corn and trophy rock

deerslayer25

just curious of where i should put out corn and the trophy rock??? not sure of where the deer are crossing or their tendencies or even how many deer remain on the property?? and help would be greatly appreciated. thanks fellers

Chris Tripp

If you plan on hunting... for legal reason I would say DO NOT put any corn out. You would have to give a little description of your place before someone could give you advice on placing a trophy rock. I prefer to put my salt at the base of a tree, most usually a hackberry, and sometimes on cut stumps. As far as knowing where deer cross, thier tendencies, and the remaining deer on the property, you will need to employ the use of a trail camera.

tnclayboy

well I don't put corn out ,but I do have trophy rocks out . I place them out in about feb,or march .I like to put then near astablished trails near stand sights.funnels are good also. I don,t think there is a bad spot for the rock or corn they will find it.

deerslayer25

i dont plan on hunting it for prolly 3 weeks to a month b/c i'm puttin hot shot and tecomate seed and secret spot but not really sure of how i can plant it and keep the deer from eating it before it comes up or if any deer will eat on it but im gonna give it a shot

Chris Tripp

supplemental feeding is not really a recommended practice, it can and will have far more negatives than positives on your local herd... i wouldn't worry with feeding, if soil moisture is right, you'll get germination

deerchaser007

Put that trophy rock in a rottening stump,.... they like it..........
PIC0004.jpg

You don't need no stinking corn....