Cold Feet?

Uncle Jesse

My feet don't sweat so I had to take a different approach. I keep my boots on a boot dryer and put them on as soon as I take them off the dryer

Also, I'll put on all my clothes at the house while everybody else I hunt with waits till they get out of the truck

PalsPal

TheLBLman":2vq3txql said:
ruger7mag":2vq3txql said:
Arctic shield boot covers, problem solved. Make sure to put them on as soon as you sit down and get set up.

Bobby, here's my "trick" for really cold weather:

Place a large-size (18-24 hr) hand warmer in the toe area of each Arctic Shield boot cover,
BEFORE you head out.
Carry these boot covers in your pack.
Once you arrive, the hand warmers will have the inside of the boot covers "hot".
Simply put the boot covers on your boots AFTER you arrive.

Great tip. Worked perfectly this morning.

I had been prewarming the hothands but not putting them in the arctic shields until I got ready to put them on.

This was much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rob-HC Hunter

There are some great tips. My formula includes:
Peet boot dryer - wet feet are usually cold feet
Antiperspirant on the soles of your feet
Arctic Shield boot cover - put them in before your feet get cold
Hand warmers outside of your boots

If it's too cold for that set up. I probably don't need to be hunting [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsghunter

Firstly, I would say you need to figure out why your feet are cold? ALL the above answers are great guides, Make a checklist of the things that everyone mentions and see what is different between what you do and they do.

Next, Keep you core warm. layer your core to keep it warm, old wool shirts from the thrift store cut into vests will help for quick on/off layering. Wear a neck gaiter and some good gloves/hand warmer. I know it sounds crazy but if the rest of your body is warm enough your toes aren't as bad.

Make sure your feet start dry and stay dry! You can't win if your feet start or get wet. It's a loosing battle already. Get a boot dryer and if your feet get really sweaty on the walk in consider wearing a light sock until you hit the stand then changing to the heavier Liner/sock combo. I don't believe my feet EVER sweat with the liner/wool sock combo unless the wool sock is TOO heavy. I have some extreme 200 wool socks that are like booties! I bought them for still hunting in the snow in PA.

Now for the feetsies, Loose fitting boots with an appropriate thinsulate (600-1000 I'd say), insulated liner socks, appropriate weight wool socks (I would start with 100 weight or hunting style) then protect your feet from the elements as everyone else has mentioned, artic shields, sleeping bag, beanie over the feet (although I am concerned this one might get wet). Also, some people like to place a piece of carpet on the base of the stand to be sure the boot doesn't touch the metal (The metal transfers the cold into your boots.)

I also like the idea of the toe/hand warmers on the OUTSIDE of the boot under an artic shield.

Latest posts