Cinnamon apples are good...

catman529

Never made them before till recently, then I just decided I wanted to give it a go. No recipe but they turned out real good, especially on the 2nd try. No measurements so bear with me... this is real simple if you haven't already made em.

for about 2 apples, peeled and sliced up, I add somewhere around 2 tbsp. of butter, somewhere between 4 and 6 tbsp of sugar, and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon (to your taste preference) and then a little allspice and ginger because that was in the cabinet at the time. Cook on low-med heat with a lid on the pan, stir occasionally, and the apple juice comes out into the sugar to make a real nice syrup. Cook till they are the right softness depending on how you like em.

Just another one of my no-measurements recipes for when you want something like that.

jb3

we do them the same way for our kids (no alspice or ginger) sometimes sub brown sugar for white

catman529

I bet brown sugar would be just as good if not better, I thought of it, but just did the white sugar. Allspice and ginger were last minute decisions and just the small pinch to add subtle flavor, I like a bit of uniqueness with some of my recipes.

Latest posts