Christensen Arms Mesa

Snowwolfe

Not to many builders offer nice semi custom rifles at a decent price in a left handed SHORT action but recently discovered Christensen Arms does. Ordered a Mesa lefty in 6.5 Creed and it should be here in 10 days or so. Could of been just as happy with a 7mm/08 as I don't see a lot of difference between the two rounds. Should make a decent choice for a whitetail rifle.

Andy S.

I'll be anxious to get a range/field report from you. I have contemplated buying that exact gun in 7-08, but held off for the time being. Hopefully it is everything you are hoping for, keep us posted.

Snowwolfe

It will be awhile before I wring it out. MOA will make me happy. Every owner I talked to is happy with this rifle. All stainless, coated, skeltonized bolt, and carbon fiber stock. Has plenty of great features for the money.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
I came real close to buying a Christensen Ridgeline yesterday in 6.5 PRC @ Sportsmans Warehouse. I have a Nightforce on order that would go with it like peas and carrots.

Chief44

I bought a Mesa last December in 7mm mag. Great feeling and well made rifle although I did have an issue with extraction of the empty cases. Cases would either stick in the chamber or the extractor would release them half way out. I contacted them and they sent me a new extractor to install myself to see if that corrected the problem. This didn't correct the issue so I ended up having to send the rifle back to christensen. Turned out the grove that is milled in the bolt for the m4 type extractor was out of spec and not milled deep enough which was not allowing the extractor to grip the case rim completely. After purchasing what was suppose to be a high quality rifle, I was pretty unhappy with having this issue. I will say that their customer service was great and the rifle seems to function fine after sending it back so I give them high marks for that. I've got a buddy that has several of their rifles and he's never had a problem and they all shoot lights out. As for the accuracy of mine, I think it's gonna be a shooter. I haven't put it on the bags yet, but it was shooting under an inch off a plastic rifle rest with 160 gr accubonds and 162 gr SST's during break-in. My buddy has messa in 6.5 that he wants to sell but it's a right hand model. If your interested, PM me and I'll hook you up with him.

Attachments

• 1BA927D5-F801-4B65-A465-2ADA278AD0C3.png
    1BA927D5-F801-4B65-A465-2ADA278AD0C3.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,189

Snowwolfe

I have learned anything mechanical will eventually break. Its nice to hear the company stood behind the rifle and repaired it. I recently had an issue with a Tikka rifle and they ignored me for over a month. I finally contacted the company that sold me the rifle who in turn contacted Beretta and then they finally contacted me to repair it.

JArender

I have it in 7mm08. It shoots great with 120ttsx loads I had for another gun. Sub1/2. It's a hunting gun so I haven't fooled with trying anything else as it holds it out to 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowwolfe

The good: Build quality is VERY good. Rifle looks great and balances well. The stock feels great and is nice and stiff. Definitely not your standard Tupperware design. Already removed the brake and installed the thread protector as I just don't see any sense in a brake on a 6.5 Creed.

The bad: Advertised weight was 6.5 pounds. On my scale it weighs 6 pounds 13.8 ounces unloaded with no sling, swivels, or scope mounts. Still, it feels light and handles nicely. On another note, also picked up a new Tikka lefty, blued, walnut, 30-06, it weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces.
Advertised as having a Match-Grade Trigger (2.5-3.5 lb). On my rifle its more like 4.25 according to my trigger finger. The let off is very crisp. Feeds and ejects loaded ammo perfectly. The feel of cycling the bolt is quality.

May get around to using it on a whitetail this fall and once sighted in can offer an opinion about accuracy but am sure it will meet my standards. Overall am highly impressed. Do not see anyway a person could build a similar rifle for the price. If they ever offer a lefty Mesa in 06 or 300 Win Mag I'll buy another. Even my FFL dealer commented on the rifle before I picked it up and said it was one of the nicest rifles he had seen in a long time

Andy S.

Snowwolfe":1acv48k0 said:
The bad: Advertised weight was 6.5 pounds. On my scale it weighs 6 pounds 13.8 ounces unloaded with no sling, swivels, or scope mounts.
Interesting you mention this. I researched the Mesa a good bit last week and several owners had the same complaint; their bare bones rifle weighed roughly a half pound more than advertised. Of course, most of them were out West where every ounce matters.

Thanks for your initial impression feedback, I am sure it will be a delight to own/shoot.

JArender

I wonder why they vary. I've seen that on them too. I know barrel Length has some to do with it but two 24" SA guns. I wonder if it's in the stock or what. I know mine came in at 6 pounds 6 oz. because I weigh every gun and have it charted for when I take a backpack hunt or fly in hunt and I'm restricted to weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk