Choke tube for shooting hevi shot dead coyote

psubuzz

I was wondering what tubes or constriction you guys that shoot hevi shot dead coyote out of. I have turkey chokes and waterfowl chokes of various constrictions but don't want to over choke that big of shot and blow a barrel up. The box of DC was given to me by a co-worker who found it in his in laws hunting stuff he inherited. He didn't hunt so I got it and some fowl loads for free. There's a ton of coyotes on the lease I hunt so I'd like to thin some out before turkey season

Wildcat

I've been using Carlson's Coyote Choke Tube with the Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote "T" shot in both 3" and 3 1/2" shells s8ince Kentucky opened night hunting for coyotes and in fact back when it first came out that is the shot the choke was made for.

Here's what it says about the choke.

For use with Hevi-Shot, Bismuth or lead, this high performance choke tube has been specifically designed for the coyote hunter to deliver devastating downrange patterns upwards of 70 yards when shooting larger shot sizes. Produces very dense patterns when ultilizing T and Buckshot loads. Great for waterfowl and predator hunting.
NOT FOR USE WITH STEEL SHOT

I have a Mossberg 835 and with that choke it patterns great at 50 yards. That's all I will use with the Hevi-Shot.

http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-pro ... ubes&mf=15

Latest posts