Chestnuts for sale...just passing along...

TS_13

Hey guys, reading the other post reminded me to let anyone who might be interested in chestnut trees that I found a good local source outside of Wallyworld.

He had quite a few 3yr trees and 1 yr old trees. The 3yr olds were about 1 inch caliper and about 8-9 ft. Looked like some had chestnuts on them last year. They are rootmaker trees, look really good. I have no dog in the hunt, I just wanted to pass this along to whomever might be looking for some trees.

http://www.rockbridgetrees.com/

worriedman

Call Dave at 615-841-3664, the chestnuts are not listed on his web site yet.(leave a message, he will get back with you)

He also has grafted persimmons and paw-paws.

TS_13

199 Dry Fork Creek Road
Bethpage Tennessee 37022
USA

email: [email protected]

phone:615-841-3664

The 1yr trees (4ft or so) I think were $15.00, the three yr (9 ft or so inch caliper) were $45.00.

Just a FYI, Walmart is selling the Dunstans this year for $35.00 I think, and they are a lot smaller trees.

worriedman

Was able to get up to Rock Bridge Trees this Saturday and get my dozen chestnut trees. They are in Root-trapper bags, trees look great and had nice visit with Dave.

No nonsense gentleman, took time to talk trees with me and showed me the stock he has on hand.

I will be going back for some of his persimmons later in the year, his grafted northern variety may be just what I am looking for. I may do some in larger Air Pots at my house till I get them bigger and watering is not such a problem as it would be on my place where they will wind up. I will have my hands full babying the chestnuts this summer, and having the persimmons close at hand will make them easier to look after, plus they are smaller, and I may even keep them two years in the air pots.

Dave has a lot of one year old chestnut trees that look great, he is doing this right. For those looking for quick results on hard mast, this is a find.

worriedman said:
Was able to get up to Rock Bridge Trees this Saturday and get my dozen chestnut trees. They are in Root-trapper bags, trees look great and had nice visit with Dave.

No nonsense gentleman, took time to talk trees with me and showed me the stock he has on hand.

I will be going back for some of his persimmons later in the year, his grafted northern variety may be just what I am looking for. I may do some in larger Air Pots at my house till I get them bigger and watering is not such a problem as it would be on my place where they will wind up. I will have my hands full babying the chestnuts this summer, and having the persimmons close at hand will make them easier to look after, plus they are smaller, and I may even keep them two years in the air pots.

Dave has a lot of one year old chestnut trees that look great, he is doing this right. For those looking for quick results on hard mast, this is a find.

He is a good guy. He has three types of persimmons. One drops in September, one in October, and one in November.

Latest posts