Cheapest setup I've ever had...

CATCHDAWG

I call her Black Betty. $109 m.l. (cva staghorn) $50 bushnell. Has never let me down, first two shots were high so I made a adjustment. I beleive she's good to go, zeroed @ 100. Had it bout ten years and it just keeps going :)
103_1103.jpg

103_1102.jpg

Model70Man

I had one very similiar to that one called the Eclipse Magnum (CVA). The look almost identical. It shot AWESOME! I just hated to unscrew the rear and then have the spring shoot out 10 feet and have to find it. Then you had to have a special tool to get the breech plug out. I could never get my primers to stay in the breech so I used some tape to keep it in there. Man, that was a fine shooting ML though. Ahh, the memories are coming back looking at your pic. I like the setup!

Polecat

I got one that is identical to it that I use as a back up and loaner. I'm not a big fan of where the safety is on them. Esp since it's part of the trigger guard and the trigger guard is a weak plastic. I know this because mine got dropped and landed on the trigger guard breaking not only it but the trigger assembly also. CVA, actually it's BPI, their customer service is excellent. It cost me $30.25 for a new trigger guard, safety and trigger assembly shipped. I was really surprised that they still stocked parts for these guns but glad that they did.

What load are you using?

moondog

I give 99.00 for a CVA buckhorn, put a Bushnell trophy scope on it, and was very surprised at how well it shoots, going to try it on a hog this weekend at Ocoee.

Latest posts