Cheapest place for 165gr Nosler Partitions

.444 Marlin

The price of bullets is getting freakin outrageous. I used to be able to get 165gr partitions all day long for $22 a box and now they are $30 a box.

Not changing bullets in my CDL-SF because the partition is what it likes. With 150gr partitions being a few bucks cheaper, how much would the accuracy change if I seated 150s at the exact same depth with a load producing as close to the same velocities as possible as the 165s?

Tiny

If mine I think I would go seconds.

On changeing to the 150 ain't but one way to find out.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Shell out the money for the 165s. By the time you drive to the range and test loads you'll have more in it than the difference in a good supply of 165s. But it would be fun!

Try midsouth shooting supply they usually have good prices and I get my stuff in two day, if you order before 3pm central. I usually shop between Midsouth and Midway and choose the one that has the cheapest delivered price.

You could always step up to Barnes bullets for about $32.00 a box. :grin: :grin:

444marlin said:
The price of bullets is getting freakin outrageous. I used to be able to get 165gr partitions all day long for $22 a box and now they are $30 a box.

Not changing bullets in my CDL-SF because the partition is what it likes. With 150gr partitions being a few bucks cheaper, how much would the accuracy change if I seated 150s at the exact same depth with a load producing as close to the same velocities as possible as the 165s?

.444 Marlin

Dont think so hondo :grin: Ive shot barnes in 3 different guns of mine and none of them worked. Sierra, Nosler, and Hornady are the only companies I like. I may just say screw it and go to 150gr partitions or 150gr NBT's or back to 165gr NBTs.

Cull Buck Hunter said:
You could always step up to Barnes bullets for about $32.00 a box. :grin: :grin:

444marlin said:

.444 Marlin

Either way I gotta do something before the 25th because Im going back to wayne co. and hunting a different section in Unit L and I find it very hard to kill 3 deer a day for 5 days with 7 bullets :grin: Not that I will be that lucky but you never know.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
If you want to go the other direction in weight Shooter's Pro Shop has some of the 180 Nosler Partitions in stock right now. They're a bargain at $15.95. If you've never used the factory seconds don't worry. You won't know the difference.

Check that reply. I just found the same bullets on the sale page for $11.95 if you want to get a stock. See here...
http://www.shootersproshop.com/index.php?p=11&b=8&s=320

TiminTN

444, I was digging around today looking for some muzzleloading stuff and found a box of 165 Partitions. They been opened, and are prolly missin a few but you are welcome to them.

.444 Marlin

They usually do but this crap is outrageous. Even the nosler ballistic tips are rediculously overpriced. We are talkin about goin from $12.95 per 50 for 165gr NBTs to $16 and $18 for 50.

Latest posts