Cheap Strike King sunglasses?

scn

I've had some of both, and IMO there is a noticeable difference with eye fatique and clarity between the top end glasses and the cheaper polorized versions. But, with that being said, many of the low end glasses will certainly do the job on the water, and, again IMO, will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

And, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad when you scratch or step on a pair of the cheap ones compared to the Costas, etc.

go_okfishin

SilverFox said:
If you will watch amazon and some other sites, you can get great deals on sunglasses. I bought the Natives I have in Johnson City at Sportsman Warehouse? I think that's the name of it. I paid like $50.00 for them and I think the regular retail was near $140 or $150.

I don't by anything unless I can get it on sale.

I agree. http://www.rei.com/product/828097/nativ ... pecial-buy

shopson

I just threw a way a pair that I have had for 15 to 20 years and only paid like $5.99 for them. Used to be all I would wear. Been wearing glasses for past 8-10 years and obviously can't wear them anymore.

catman529

AllOutdoors said:
sure shot said:
AllOutdoors said:
I will stick with my Wiley X.
for the cost of those I can buy a new gun or a fish finder ......

I paid 79 bucks for one pair and got another pair free with the purchase of an abu garcia reel.
Sounds like a good deal.... however I would currently use that money and get a battery for the motor so I can troll around in my new boat... I'm sure they are awesome glasses though.

A

Anonymous

stik said:
of course there is going to be noticable differences in the quality glasses vs. the walmart cheapos. i just can't justify $100 for a pair of shades i will probably lose within 2 weeks.
buy a little tiny life jacket to put on them ! lol...

A

Anonymous

sure shot said:
AllOutdoors said:
What kind of new gun, or new depth finder can you get for the price of Wiley X ? Would hate to rely on either one ! lol.... just messing with ya !

catman529

hpdi200 said:
sure shot said:
AllOutdoors said:
What kind of new gun, or new depth finder can you get for the price of Wiley X ? Would hate to rely on either one ! lol.... just messing with ya !
a nice BB gun fer the backyard squirrels (very reliable) :grin:

A

Anonymous

catman529 said:
hpdi200 said:
sure shot said:
AllOutdoors said:
Might want to consider a good nerf gun for the same price. Would save on ammo, cause nerf bullets are reusable ! lol......

catman529

hpdi200 said:
catman529 said:
hpdi200 said:
sure shot said:
AllOutdoors said:
Might want to consider a good nerf gun for the same price. Would save on ammo, cause nerf bullets are reusable ! lol......
I made a nerf blowgun that was more powerful and accurate than most store bought nerf guns..... I need a bit more FPS though, and lead ammo is preferred for the tree rats. ;)

Bullfrog

They're not Costas/Natives/Oakley, etc...but they do a good job for the cost. The difference is that they don't block out as much yellow light as the other, more expensive glasses.

Winchester

Bullfrog said:
They're not Costas/Natives/Oakley, etc...but they do a good job for the cost. The difference is that they don't block out as much yellow light as the other, more expensive glasses.
Exactly, you get what you pay for. There is a HUGE difference in a good quality pair of polarized glasses vs these cheaper glasses. If you ever have the chance to compare the 2 side by side on the water, you would be amazed at the difference quality polarized glass makes!

Dkizer18

I have tried them, great for the price. I now have costas so I would have a hard time going back to the cheaper ones but I will have to if I break my costas.

catman529

BDS05 said:
Save up and get the Costas. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
I need to power my trolling motor more than I need Costas... I can look thru my buddy's costas though, he was lucky enough to find them lying in a field next to the river.

stik

catman529 said:
I can look thru my buddy's costas though, he was lucky enough to find them lying in a field next to the river.

and that's why i buy the cheap ones. that's where mine would end up.

KSbuck2

Costa 580 glass is well worth the money if you spend alot of time on the water but the SK's are some of the better lower priced glasses out there. You get what you pay for with anything.....rods, reels, guns, scopes, even sunglasses.

Latest posts