Charcoal or Gas?

jb3

Charcoal. Don't have a gas grill, but would like to purchase one, just so I have two options.

Wildcat

Charcoal.

I have several charcoal and gas grills. The gass grills are great for winter grilling, don't have to spend as much time outside setting them up. But I'll take a charcoal grill anyday.

rdwood

Both. If we have a group or a day to grill I use charcoal. Usually during the week I'll use gas, easier.

Double-D-Team

Thanks guys,

I thought it was just me. What I mean is the wife and I have been camping or RVing a lot last year and plan to this year as much and we got into a debate on this topic. I said some things taste better on charcoal and yes gas is easier but its that taste I missed using charcoal. She said it was all in my head - and she is right I'm not right in the head... :crazy:

medic

Double-D-Team said:
Thanks guys,

I thought it was just me. What I mean is the wife and I have been camping or RVing a lot last year and plan to this year as much and we got into a debate on this topic. I said some things taste better on charcoal and yes gas is easier but its that taste I missed using charcoal. She said it was all in my head - and she is right I'm not right in the head... :crazy:

We do a lot of camping and when grilling it's nothing but charcoal.
I have the time and it taste better. At home I use mostly gas.

mike243

nothing beats cooking with charcoal except wood,that said after working all day i dont have the time to spend getting the grill ready to cook on,i use gas thru the week & charcoal any time i have the time,the new kingsford with the hickory in it works really well ,i throw some type of hickory on the charcoal but with the new stuff its not needed,i have cut back on my grilling/smoking cooking the last couple of years but may get cranked back up this spring,its amazing how many friends you have when the smoke starts rolling :) i still grill out about 3-4 times every week & plan on learning a bunch of different ways to grill fish,Ive never tried the cedar plank deal so its high on my list,mike243

Latest posts