Chainsaw question

BirdDog123

Hey guys,

I need to take a tree down on the property and was wondering, could this disturb the area/deer movement for an extended period of time? Say, more than a week? We are going up to Kentucky and doing a littel work after our hunt opening weekend. We are also going up the week after.. so I'd hpoe we wouldn't disturb things too much.

What do you all think?

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I don't think it will hurt as log as it is a tree or two. Trees fall all the time. Infact I have seen deer feeding on fresh cut tree tops. Just don't cut it the day before you hunt the place.

Boll Weevil

Nawww...won't disturb them but where you fell them might impact how they meander through the area and past your stand (for better or worse).

hitek7

Run the chainsaw clearing shooting lanes Sunday. Moved to the next spot 200 yards away and rode up on a 6pt and 4pt just staring at me. Run the saw there for 10-15 mins, walked down in the woods about 40 yards and 2 does stood up out of bed and looked at me. I turned and walked back out. It will have some effect on scent left for matur deer but I doublt it is going to kill an area.

Latest posts