Catoosa WMA gate hours

opportunistic

I got drawn for catoosa this year and did a short drive around some of the areas. when passing several of the gates I saw signs stating that they would be closed after sunset. Is this the case when seasons are in. I don't want to be locked behind a gate because I squirrel hunted till dark or had a long walk out after my quota deer hunt or during the open archery hunt. Anyone know if they actually lock the gates?

killingtime 41

new manager said he's gonna have people patrolling the roads cause the place has a ton of road hunters during the quota hunts. Gun was a madhouse last year so packed you couldn't have buttered up a camper and got another one in there. People on top of people on top of people. No longer a bonus buck I thought would have changed that. Even muzzleloader was packed the same. Gates are open but being in woods after dark except for locating a deer isn't allowed. It is closed to people certain times of the year though. You'd have to look that up.

Madbowh

If you camp out, you can leave a camper up to 30days. I used to park it during the bow hunt and take it home after rifle. You better be sure of what you shoot they took one on me said the browtine was 7/8" long needed to be 1" that was the last hunt for me there after a many years of enjoying it. To top it off the guy who took it said man 5 more minutes and you could've kept it we all were leaving and the warden at the window would've let you have it........really?

I am generally a happy camper but Catoosa is nothing like it used to be. I pulled in one evening and had 5 trucks in front of my camper I had to park away from my camper. One guy hit my camper with his backing it in. These days there is so many better places to hunt.

Shanman

MadbowH….. books might state 30 days but one sat over on the Bicolor side for 2yrs if not 3, looked like a bear had busted out the side.

Latest posts