can someone give me advice on this metal detector

rem270

not wanting to go all out on one but would like to get one. wont get real serious with it but will just go out in the woods and various places just to dig. dont care what i find just wanna dig lol. guy i went with yesterday gave me this website and said to stick with a garrett or white brand. i found this one just wondering yalls opinions
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/garrett ... ace150.htm

Hogbear

I've never used the 150 but the Ace-250 is about as good as it gets in that price range. I've found lots of silver coins with one and it's very hot on silver, copper, and modern clad coins. It's not as good on nickels or gold rings but a lot of folks still find them just fine. They tend to be very durable machines so I wouldn't have a problem buying used if you can find a good deal.
The big advantages of the 250 is you can adjust the discrimination how you want and notch certain ranges in or out to create custom settings instead of just the pre-programmed settings. Also the 250 had a pinpoint mode that helps find the exact location of the object and saves digging time.

The Fisher F2 is about the same price range as the Ace-250 with similar features but it doesn't go as deep on silver and modern clad coins from what I've seen using them side by side on the same targets in the soils around here. The F2 does seem to do a little better on nickels and gold rings though and the discrimination of shallow coins in trash is pretty good. It gives up about 1/2" to 3/4" to the Ace 250 on a buried silver dime though.

The Tesoro Compadre and Silver uMax are good lower-price detectors too.

Latest posts