Metal Detector? I'm on the hunt

Omega

Anyone know if there was any civil war activity in Hardin County? I may try my hand at seeing what can be found out there.

Kimber45

I need to keep an eye on this thread.. I bought a detector like 5 yrs ago (never used it) loaned it to my FIL who I'm not sure ever used it, and he just returned it lol. With my "addictive personality" it would only take a few decent finds for me to be hooked.

Crow Terminator

Anyone know if there was any civil war activity in Hardin County? I may try my hand at seeing what can be found out there.
Are you being serious or sarcastic? That area had quite a bit happen in the early war. Savannah has quite a few hunters that I know that have crazy big collections of Civil War relics. Just down the road in Corinth was the whole winter camps sites. Hundreds of Confederate buckles and buttons have been found there.

Omega

Are you being serious or sarcastic? That area had quite a bit happen in the early war. Savannah has quite a few hunters that I know that have crazy big collections of Civil War relics. Just down the road in Corinth was the whole winter camps sites. Hundreds of Confederate buckles and buttons have been found there.
No sarcasm intended, never studied civil war history, except some military courses that used certain battles for reference. Just purchased some property out in the Hardin County area and thought it may be a good place to detect in. Sounds like I may get lucky if it hasn't been picked over by now

Wiley

No sarcasm intended, never studied civil war history, except some military courses that used certain battles for reference. Just purchased some property out in the Hardin County area and thought it may be a good place to detect in. Sounds like I may get lucky if it hasn't been picked over by now
I have a hunting lease near Crossroads/Cerro Gordo in Hardin County and want to do some detecting in my food plots after season. The property borders Indian Creek. Also gonna get busy looking for Indian artifacts especially in one field where I have found a few in a small area. I suspect there was a village there.

Knothead

I have a hunting lease near Crossroads/Cerro Gordo in Hardin County and want to do some detecting in my food plots after season. The property borders Indian Creek. Also gonna get busy looking for Indian artifacts especially in one field where I have found a few in a small area. I suspect there was a village there.
Lemme know if you need company. 😛

hardhorns1982

Well if you need someone to help you clean that property out I'm sure I could make some time. Haha

Crow Terminator

Any good areas in Cleveland? Bradley co
Yes. Over half my collection came from Bradley County. Union 4th corps camped there in the winter of 1863/1864. There were camps from Inman street, all the way to Blue Springs rd and Lead Mine Valley rd and over on Dalton Pike where the newer subdivision is...that was a huge camp. Thousands of troops. And they issued them new equipment too so they weren't being stingy with stuff...lost and discarded a lot. The trouble is...those areas have seen massive developments in housing over the last 20 years. In the late 90s and early 2000s, most of that was just farmers fields....some farms were 600+ acres. Now they are subdivisions or busted up lots with houses on them. Two of the bigger camps are largely untouched and on hostile property that the landowners won't let people on. I got to hunt one of them for a day...just caught the guy in a good mood I guess and didn't make it 50 yards after turning the detector on and never had to move. Dropped bullets and buttons everywhere. When I stopped by a couple weeks later to see if I could hunt again, he had decided to "save it in case his grandson might want to look for that stuff some day". Some of those fields on Blue Springs rd down near where the elementary school was...I've dug thousands of minie balls out of them and a few belt plates. I only have a few spots left down there that I can hunt.

RockMcL

With the price of weapons lately, you should be able to afford one that will find Hoffa's belt buckle. :)
Need imaging equipment for that. All that rebar makes it hard to discriminate a belt buckle or his lucky coin...

Latest posts