Can’t get here soon enough!

CATCHDAWG

I am ready for warm weather and hungry fish. Man I need some river time!

Attachments

• 42F7E73D-6953-4948-9159-F1F18EE04D52.jpeg
    42F7E73D-6953-4948-9159-F1F18EE04D52.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 2,535

catman529

I hear you. I did get out for the trout stocking in Franklin a couple days ago. Gonna be fishing some this winter for sure. But I love the summer days of creek wading, floating, or catfishing on the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WTM

yep was hoping to get out and catch some jack salmon but with savannah at 371 and rising i know my spots would be in the crop fields, lol. for the past few years january, february and the first of march have been the pits.

NumberOne

CATCHDAWG":1pqvreri said:

I have always fished a creek that dumps into the Harpeth (About 5 to 10 miles away) during the Summer months and can catch them really well. Have ventured out in January to same creek and its a waste land. You don't even see them. I can start catching them around March but not near the numbers. Come mid April its like a light switch comes on and you can wax them. I am sure during the winter months they find deeper holes but will they move large distances to find these holes?

catman529

NumberOne":11j0d653 said:
CATCHDAWG":11j0d653 said:

I have always fished a creek that dumps into the Harpeth (About 5 to 10 miles away) during the Summer months and can catch them really well. Have ventured out in January to same creek and its a waste land. You don't even see them. I can start catching them around March but not near the numbers. Come mid April its like a light switch comes on and you can wax them. I am sure during the winter months they find deeper holes but will they move large distances to find these holes?
smallmouth hole up in certain spots on the Harpeth and its tributaries during the winter. If you find a good spot you can catch em all winter long

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
WTM":3d40nlth said:
yep was hoping to get out and catch some jack salmon but with savannah at 371 and rising i know my spots would be in the crop fields, lol. for the past few years january, february and the first of march have been the pits.

What is a jack salmon ? :D

bwgarrett3

catman529":iorb052y said:
I hear you. I did get out for the trout stocking in Franklin a couple days ago. Gonna be fishing some this winter for sure. But I love the summer days of creek wading, floating, or catfishing on the river.

I love wading the rivers for smallies too. Got out of it for a few years but I think this is the year I'll get back into it. Got some float tubes I'll be using. We used to use spring lizards years ago. Nothing caught the smallies better!

WTM

RUGER":b78ne0w5 said:
WTM":b78ne0w5 said:

What is a jack salmon ? :D

sauger

catman529

bwgarrett3":2a40wpm3 said:
catman529":2a40wpm3 said:

I love wading the rivers for smallies too. Got out of it for a few years but I think this is the year I'll get back into it. Got some float tubes I'll be using. We used to use spring lizards years ago. Nothing caught the smallies better!
I couldn't help it, I went out today. River was 8 ft above normal height, so me and a buddy went and hit a couple creek mouths where the water was backed up in the creeks.

Caught a bunch of rock bass and a few good smallmouth.

84814558dd3c44bfa0675bbf23d41100.jpg

bwgarrett3

catman529":fn5mijbp said:
bwgarrett3":fn5mijbp said:
catman529":fn5mijbp said:

I couldn't help it, I went out today. River was 8 ft above normal height, so me and a buddy went and hit a couple creek mouths where the water was backed up in the creeks.

Oh yeah! Nice! What did you catch them on? That's a pretty good accomplishment as cold as it has been.

catman529

bwgarrett3":1odt5l00 said:
catman529":1odt5l00 said:
bwgarrett3":1odt5l00 said:
catman529 said:

Oh yeah! Nice! What did you catch them on? That's a pretty good accomplishment as cold as it has been.
Ned rig

catman529

RUGER":3m060m1c said:
Man I am jealous of ya'll that have creeks to fish like that with smallies in them.
come on over this way man we got plenty here

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
MickThompson":1ez0red4 said:
RUGER":1ez0red4 said:
Man I am jealous of ya'll that have creeks to fish like that with smallies in them.

Yeah but all your creeks have dicamba and I'll tempered snakes in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeehhhh the snakes won't hurt ya. ;)

The dicamba just makes the crawdads taste a little different. :D

Latest posts