Camper top question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My dad had a camper top built for his truck back a few years ago.
It is aluminum over a wood frame.
The interior has a wallpaper covered paneling type stuff covering all the wood frame stuff.

He has two boxes built that act as storage and can have a piece of plywood slid between them to create a single full size bed, or you can leave it out and use it as two twin size beds.

He had a 110 air conditioner, refridgerator and a small heater for it.
There is some kind of power converter or something in it as well so you can run the fridge while driving down the road.

He and my mom went all the way to California in it at one time.
It was on a long wheel base Silverado pickup, 2006 model. Not sure what else it will fit.

Also have three camper jacks for it so you can take it off and put it on with not THAT much trouble.

What would something like that be worth?
I will get some pictures of it, hopefully this week.

The windows have been tinted so that you can't see in and it even has little curtains on them. :D

44fanatic

R.I.P.
No idea what it may be worth but what you may want to do is check the websites that sell used slide in campers.

Ive seen some of the older ones where they are pretty much giving them away (<$1000) and the newer ones running into $20,000 or more. Really is a tough call on yours, can you post pics?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yeah I will get some pics of it this week.
I know it ain't worth $20,000 that's for sure. :D

I would take that for it though. ;)

FULLDRAWXX75

44fanatic said:
No idea what it may be worth but what you may want to do is check the websites that sell used slide in campers.

Ive seen some of the older ones where they are pretty much giving them away (<$1000) and the newer ones running into $20,000 or more. Really is a tough call on yours, can you post pics?

20K for a slide on truck camper???? OUCH!!!!! It better have solid gold faucets and silver sink for that price.

FDXX75

44fanatic

R.I.P.
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
44fanatic said:

20K for a slide on truck camper???? OUCH!!!!! It better have solid gold faucets and silver sink for that price.

FDXX75

Take a look at them...slide outs and all. Some of them are running more than 30k...ridiculous.

FULLDRAWXX75

44fanatic said:
FULLDRAWXX75 said:
44fanatic said:

FDXX75

Take a look at them...slide outs and all. Some of them are running more than 30k...ridiculous.

I see that...............freaking crazy for sure.

FDXX75

44fanatic

R.I.P.
I saw an older (20yrs +) camper listed on craigslist a few months ago and called about it. Had the cab over sleeper, dinnete, and stove. No refrigerator, heat or AC. Guy was asking $800 for it.

The used campers (5-10 yrs old) that I have been looking at lately are basic campers (Stove, fridge, heat, dinnete area and some sort of bathroom area) have been running 4-8k. Settled on getting a pull behind trailer so have quit looking at the campers.

Latest posts