Cajun Red???

Rackseeker

I have been using it for about a month and really like it. I have been using it on my crankin rod and carolina rig rod. It is some tough line and smaller diameter. As far as fish not being able to see it, I don't know about all that.

rukiddin

Cant stand it. if your ever in a situation where your in deep water and bite sensitivity is key, you'll throw it in the trash. That crap has more stretch in it than a bungee cord.

catman529

Funny thing is it's not very visible out of water either... I tend to see plain clear mono better than cajun line when I'm bottom fishing and watching for hits. It's not a terrible line though, I like it.

The Red Cast is good, casts nicely, smooth line, but not very abrasion resistant.

Haven't tried their abrasion resistant version because I suspect it will be stiff and/or have a lot of memory.

rukiddin? said:
Cant stand it. if your ever in a situation where your in deep water and bite sensitivity is key, you'll throw it in the trash. That crap has more stretch in it than a bungee cord.
Funny, it doesn't seem to stretch a lot for me, but I have Stren on one of my reels and it's a GREAT line but it has a LOT of stretch.

rukiddin

Ill clarify...When your fishing 30-40 feet of water in an offshore type of environment...ie flounder fishing reefs in saltwater, it is absolutely useless. By the time you feel the bite its too late on finicky fish. I was never one to think there was that much difference in fishing lines, but cajun red is one line that there is a very noticeable difference, but then again if your just casting around in 20'or less freshwater I guess it don't really matter, but then again, freshwater fishing aint real fishin' either.........:) haha.

catman529

rukiddin? said:
Ill clarify...When your fishing 30-40 feet of water in an offshore type of environment...ie flounder fishing reefs in saltwater, it is absolutely useless. By the time you feel the bite its too late on finicky fish. I was never one to think there was that much difference in fishing lines, but cajun red is one line that there is a very noticeable difference, but then again if your just casting around in 20'or less freshwater I guess it don't really matter, but then again, freshwater fishing aint real fishin' either.........:) haha.
Yeah I typically fish less than 10 feet of water... not a problem for me. Abrasion resistance and smooth casting are probably the most important factors to me, but I do have some fresh red cast on a zebco 33 that should get the job done OK. In fact if I have time this evening, I'm gonna take that rod and reel down to a pond and try to get a grass carp with it.

Rowdy

Stuff is junk if you ask me. I put it on 3 baitcaster rigs and tried it out.
The stuff was like try'n to cast bailing wire. Too stiff and too much memory for me.

Latest posts