Red Snapper charter?

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Looking for a charter out of Mexico Beach Fl. Any recommendations? Fire away….

We will be in Port St Joe the first week of June on our annual get together fishing trip and we are looking for a 8-10 hr charter.

Henry

Looking for a charter out of Mexico Beach Fl. Any recommendations? Fire away….

We will be in Port St Joe the first week of June on our annual get together fishing trip and we are looking for a 8-10 hr charter.
This guy might know someone. Here's his latest email:

"2023 Fishing update from Capt. Matt Ercoli

Offshore was good as well with strong Snapper fishing. We had some good days on pelagic King Mackerel, Tunny, and Cobia as well. Offshore was particularly good for monster Permit, we had some in the 40-pound range! Tarpon fishing was solid on Anna Maria Island and superb for us down in Boca Grande.

Now is the time to plan your trips, especially for you Tarpon fishermen, because they go quickly. Our prime time is May 1st through July 15th off Anna Maria Island. Our prime Tarpon time off Boca Grande is April 15 through Oct 15. If you want to do the ultimate Tarpon and giant Permit combo, mid June through the end of July is the very best.

Again as always, I want to thank all my patron fishermen who fished with us the last few years and throughout my entire career, I couldn't do it without you. I hope 2023 brings you all good health and happiness.

Check out some of the amazing footage we got Tarpon fishing (short videos) from last year on my Twitter feed. I promise some of it is the best you have ever seen.
https://twitter.com/CaptMattErcoli

Capt. Matt Ercoli

(941) 447-9888
www.captainmatt.com
www.tarponfish.com

FOLLOW MY LIVE FISHING REPORTS AT
Twitter - https://twitter.com/CaptMattErcoli
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/captainmattcom-218166698379809/?notif_t=page_fan "

Setterman

This guy might know someone. Here's his latest email:

"2023 Fishing update from Capt. Matt Ercoli

Offshore was good as well with strong Snapper fishing. We had some good days on pelagic King Mackerel, Tunny, and Cobia as well. Offshore was particularly good for monster Permit, we had some in the 40-pound range! Tarpon fishing was solid on Anna Maria Island and superb for us down in Boca Grande.

Now is the time to plan your trips, especially for you Tarpon fishermen, because they go quickly. Our prime time is May 1st through July 15th off Anna Maria Island. Our prime Tarpon time off Boca Grande is April 15 through Oct 15. If you want to do the ultimate Tarpon and giant Permit combo, mid June through the end of July is the very best.

Again as always, I want to thank all my patron fishermen who fished with us the last few years and throughout my entire career, I couldn't do it without you. I hope 2023 brings you all good health and happiness.

Check out some of the amazing footage we got Tarpon fishing (short videos) from last year on my Twitter feed. I promise some of it is the best you have ever seen.
https://twitter.com/CaptMattErcoli

Capt. Matt Ercoli

(941) 447-9888
www.captainmatt.com
www.tarponfish.com

FOLLOW MY LIVE FISHING REPORTS AT
Twitter - https://twitter.com/CaptMattErcoli
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/captainmattcom-218166698379809/?notif_t=page_fan "
It's almost 6 hours from Port St. Joe to Tampa. Not sure this guide is a viable option for the op

I will ask some buddies down there who they recommend

Madbowh

If you don't go as soon as the season opens or right when it ends its no good they are spawning mid June-mid July fished them for years but the past few years I've been diving for them and they are scattered and on beds this time frame, the fall season you'll absolutely wear them out. Alabama season is much better, I don't really go there because I'm diving and can get a shot at many different fish.

It's really messed up they have the season during spawning season and say look they're not catching. Got to love the biologists.

Not trying to discourage anyone and not saying you won't catch, but I'm down they're with my own eyes. Also you rod and reel summer season then the fall season you'll have nothing to say but a big wtf.

Something else I got into was renting a boat they all have gps most reefs have coordinates online and you'll save tons of money

The little fish is our bait(live) big hooks 80-100lb mono. Heavy line is needed to not loose your gear on the wrecks. I see to many people with too little of badou and too light of tackle,also there's too much down there big that you could very possibly catch. If you have to small of bait you get a lot of fish to small.

A lot of people love red snapper but when I'm diving I'll go for gray or black first they can be smaller and there always around

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_124706814.jpg
    IMG_20180706_124706814.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20190703_072323409~2.jpg
    IMG_20190703_072323409~2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20190701_094123521.jpg
    IMG_20190701_094123521.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20180706_124912872.jpg
    IMG_20180706_124912872.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 45

Henry

It's almost 6 hours from Port St. Joe to Tampa. Not sure this guide is a viable option for the op

I will ask some buddies down there who they recommend
True, that's why I said in the very first line "this guy might know somebody."

Pilchard

If you don't go as soon as the season opens or right when it ends its no good they are spawning mid June-mid July fished them for years but the past few years I've been diving for them and they are scattered and on beds this time frame, the fall season you'll absolutely wear them out. Alabama season is much better, I don't really go there because I'm diving and can get a shot at many different fish.

It's really messed up they have the season during spawning season and say look they're not catching. Got to love the biologists.

Not trying to discourage anyone and not saying you won't catch, but I'm down they're with my own eyes. Also you rod and reel summer season then the fall season you'll have nothing to say but a big wtf.

Something else I got into was renting a boat they all have gps most reefs have coordinates online and you'll save tons of money

The little fish is our bait(live) big hooks 80-100lb mono. Heavy line is needed to not loose your gear on the wrecks. I see to many people with too little of badou and too light of tackle,also there's too much down there big that you could very possibly catch. If you have to small of bait you get a lot of fish to small.

A lot of people love red snapper but when I'm diving I'll go for gray or black first they can be smaller and there always around
Red snappers broadcast spawn. They don't make beds.

You're fishing/diving in the wrong place. Spawn concentrates the fish. It doesn't spread them out.

Madbowh

Red snappers broadcast spawn. They don't make beds.

You're fishing/diving in the wrong place. Spawn concentrates the fish. It doesn't spread them out.
May not be beds im not a snapper expert, just what I see and I might be misunderstanding what I see. I know they are spawning then and they are really scattered.

When they are not spawning they are usually thick and stacked in the water column, this is what me and other divers are seeing. I do dive charters they are cheap 100 a person.

The end of July, end of season in gulf it gets really good and the fall is spectacular

Latest posts