Burris FF3

scn

Putting the bead where you want it will absolutely work if the second required point is where it's supposed to be. ;)
Not really.

It is pretty common for shotguns not to hit where the bead and correct head position are aiming. It can sometimes require bending the barrel/stock to correct left-right POI issues or adding shims to correct elevation issues.

You can't count on a shotgun with a true POI without doing some work on a patterning board to check it out. Not doing so has saved a bunch of turkeys and even ducks/doves, etc.

Last edited:

Southern Sportsman

The only way I would trust it has truly shifted is to burn another Federal TSS shell that you know was dead center when you sighted it in. Too many variables shell to shell (powder, powder weight, primer, wad, filler, etc) that could shift POI. Another cheaper way to check POI from season to season to increase confidence the red dot hasn't shifted is to have a box of cheap shells (2.75", #9s lead) and shoot one of those shells on paper (shoot it right after you sighted Federal TSS shells to hit bullseye), record in your notes where the lead #9 pattern hits (likely not bullseye), and reference that POI every spring before season starts, by shooting a cheaper shell. I'd shoot closer, say 25-30 yards for this reference point. I know that was wordy, does it make sense? The absolute best way to guarantee POA=POI is to burn another $10 shell that we all hate to do. $10 shell is cheaper than missing a day of work, burning $20 in gas, and walking a mile in the woods to miss a turkey because POA did not equal POI. My .02
^^This is the only correct answer^^

ZachMarkus

I hunted south Alabama 2 weekends ago, I worked 4 different birds one morning and missed 2 of them! I shot my gun yesterday and was shooting 10" to the right at 40 yards, same shells I sighted it in with. I must have bumped it somehow but can't recall bumping it. Not sure what happened. Burris FF3

Last edited:

Rakkin6

So I have had similar experience switching shells. Going from say an Apex shell then trying out a Foxtrot or other brand shell. I have 2 of the FF3 and have had no issues once they are sighted in with the choke and load I am going to use.

Gobble4me757

Never had an issue with a ff3 with any of the two that I've had. Vortex has been notorious for having some issues with sight bottoming out (I'm a vortex fan usually just not in these types of sights as the ff3 takes the crown). I would say it's like as the others have described with the shells etc

Latest posts