Burris Fast Fire 3

MR Yote

How durable are they on a turkey gun and what about rain or moisture on the lens? How does that affect the dot? Any suggestions for protective cover or not necessary. Thanks.

Rakkin6

How durable are they on a turkey gun and what about rain or moisture on the lens? How does that affect the dot? Any suggestions for protective cover or not necessary. Thanks.
The two I have had no issues on either of my 12 gauges shooting 3" #9 TSS. They have held zero just fine. Mine came with a protective cover and I have never had an issue with moisture. But to be honest when it calls for rain I will be in a blind. I have a deep deep dislike for the rain. The only thing I don't like is the battery cover, it can be a PITA. But overall I would definitely buy them again.

REN

They are pretty much a tank tbh. Yiu would have to REALLY hit it hard with something to do damage to them. The 3 I've ran on my shotguns have gone through all kinds of abuse and never had an issue.

I upgraded to a ff4 last year on one of them and the screen broke when I smashed it in a rock crawling in a field. Emailed Burris when I got home, they sent me a shipping label that day and I had a new replacement in 3 weeks. Pretty good service.

Rain however is always an issue on these types of sights and that not limited to Burris. It does come with a rain cover that helps a ton (FF4 has a much much better version of that cover) but I've killed more than a few birds in the rain with it. If the inside of the lens gets wet it will put a big star burst on the dot that can be a challenge.

I usually coat the inside and outside with rainx fog proof solution and that does help some.

I also bought a few rubber covers on Amazon made for the ff3 and I keep them on the sight unless I'm hunting. Keeps out dust and moisture and adds some protection to it as well

JCDEERMAN

Mine has been great on my 20, as others have said. I got my dad one for Christmas and the red dot does not move no matter far it's adjusted L-R and U-D…will be sending it back. I think it's just a lemon. No experience with using it in the rain, but as @REN said, I also got the rubber ones from Amazon and keep one on there until I'm set up and then it comes off.

CritterGitter

Love mine ! Burris replaced one for me a few years ago questions asked. My zipper on my turkey vest scratched the lense. Now i own 3 .

Attachments

• 20240220_175014.jpg
    20240220_175014.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 18

JCDEERMAN

Love mine ! Burris replaced one for me a few years ago questions asked. My zipper on my turkey vest scratched the lense. Now i own 3 .
I've always wondered about the sight placement on shotguns. What are the benefits for a close sight to a far sight? I'm guessing different types of hunting? Perhaps Turkey versus doves?

JCDEERMAN

I've only had mine for a year on my youth 870 sitting in a Meadow Creek mount but it's been rock solid. I'm not easy on turkey guns and the ff3 was a real trooper. I may eventually get a protector like these: https://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=105504.0
I clicked and it went to a forum but couldn't see exactly what you're referring to. Did a quick search - is this it? I'd say this would make it fairly indestructible

IMG_8574.png

Tn Joe

Fast fire is a great sight. I have them on couple shotguns. After owning ff2 & ff3, I prefer the ff2 simply for the on/off switch. The battery is harder to charge but I usually just pop a new one in before season and don't have to worry about it anymore. Also Burris has a great warranty that I've had to use when I broke the glass on one of mine.

mike243

I took a quick look but really didn't see if they make a rib mounted 1, have a Weatherby that's not d&t and would like 1 to dove hunt with

REN

I've always wondered about the sight placement on shotguns. What are the benefits for a close sight to a far sight? I'm guessing different types of hunting? Perhaps Turkey versus doves?

Just different options for user preference and yes hunting type.

I like it much better closer to my eye so I use speed beads on my guns. I prefer larger FOV through the sight vs larger FOV around the sight especially for turkey but there are plenty of people that prefer the opposite

Having said that if you are using it for moving targets like dove or ducks then the sight farther from your eye is a better option so you can find the target faster.

Gobble4me757

Let me show yall a little trick I got from a buddy. Get the rubber one and poke a hole in it in which you connect a string (I did a stretchy string) to your trigger guard. Here's a pic of mine though I can't find a close up on my gun. Here it is with the rubber on my gun etc
69872766202__6B15FF7F-0512-4399-AA7B-64578904CB0D.jpeg
IMG_0355.png

Latest posts