Burris Fastfire III Optic Mounting

Razor1994

I'm thinking about getting a Burris Fastfire III red dot for my Mossberg 835. I've never put any type of optic on my gun and was wondering what the best options for mounting the Fastfire might be. I still have the original front and rear sigts on the Mossberg and would like to keep them and use as a backup. Any Mossberg users with a Fastfire out there?

Grizzly Johnson

If you mount that optic, won't be any using the original sights as back-up.... I believe the Mossberg uses the Marlin 336 mounting plate... it sits lower to the receiver.

You can get on OldGobbler.com and do some reading, probably find more answers.

Razor1994

Thanks for the advice....not familiar with the Marlin mount. Based on what you said, I assume I will have to take off my original sight in order to mount the Burris. Thanks again for the help Grizzly.

chrmayo

Here's what the 336 mount looks like on.

IMG_0828_zpsa1de5d8c.jpg

IMG_4731_zpsb0d222be.jpg

And an under shot of base.
burris336.jpg

Razor1994

Thanks....I was hoping I wouldn't have to do any drilling. From looking at my gun, I see no reason why I can't look through the fastfire and use my existing sites as backup if I had to. The existing sites are well in front of where the Fastfire would sit.

whiskey

I have the FFIII on a Marlin 336 base on my Mossberg and I can't use the factory sights that came on the gun. Even looking through the sight, you can't align the irons. Last year I carried a torx wrench in my vest incase I needed to pull the sight off in the field.

LanceS4803

Time to drag this back up, after a year, but I am getting ready to buy a FF III and have a question.

Burris sells the FF III with and without a picatinny base.
So when using this on a Mossberg 835, I DO NOT need the picatinny base is I am going to use the #410333 base?

Latest posts