Building a reloading bench, need advice

JimFromTN

How do the counter tops hold up to the torque of the reloader? Do you notice any torquing? I have been looking at desks on craigslist and I have been concerned that the torque from resizing one too many pieces of 300 win mag brass will bust the thing right down the middle. My last reloading bench was made from a solid core door which seem to take care of the problem.

pcrc

I have reloaded about 20 boxes of 12 guage so far on the lower bench with no problem whatsoever. It is basically 2 sheets of plywood with another piece off the side of one the cabinets (so it would have the same finish) all screwed and glued together. It bolts down to brackets that are screwed and glued to the side of the cabinet and the wall. There is no flex or movement at all. I feel like I over built it being that I will load 100-150 boxes of 12 guage shells a year. Have not used the small RCBS mounted on the end yet but that has also been reinforced under neath and I do not for see any issues with that also. I wanted to make bench presentable ( to keep the wife happy) as it is in
our finished basement. I see no problem with using countertop just be sure to reinforce the underside real well.

Latest posts