Reloading bench/table

Grizzly Johnson

Would any of you mind sharing your setups, what you used for a work table or bench? After my dad passed, I acquired his reloading supplies and have been thinking about trying to get into it for myself….

Specializedjon

Here's my setup.

It works but I'm always looking for ideas. I'm adding a single stage to the bench soon.

Post pics when you've got yours set up

Attachments

• 0614FC37-F7DD-4C42-BB7E-94CCDEE8A6F5.jpeg
    0614FC37-F7DD-4C42-BB7E-94CCDEE8A6F5.jpeg
    323.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 90B40DB6-50DA-420C-BCB6-30B747CCA864.jpeg
    90B40DB6-50DA-420C-BCB6-30B747CCA864.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 266
  • CBC42666-8DB5-4191-8BEE-562F47915794.jpeg
    CBC42666-8DB5-4191-8BEE-562F47915794.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Grizzly Johnson

That's a nice setup… I am trying to figure out what I want to use for my bench… my "man cave" is shrinking with what I've got in it currently… it's upstairs as well so whatever I use needs to be able to be moved upstairs by 2 people…

Red-Team-98

I use a kobalt work bench with light I applied a extra piece of thick plywood on top of the factory one. I also added a nice LED shop light above. It has electrical plug in for your reloading equipment
It has served me well for about 10 years now I also have a small table beside it for the tumbler and manuals / Dies and Bullets and powder.
B372BAB4-7F18-4597-872C-082DDD16FC68.jpeg

MUP

I don't have a pic of my latest setup, but it's an old metal teacher's desk, with pull out, spring loaded flat shelves just above the pull out drawers. It's heavy, and perfect for a loading bench conversion.

Similar to this one, but mine has the drop down center section, and 3 drawers on each side.

Mc1_400x.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

There are lots of plans on the web but my favorites are
1. rounded edges and corners.
2. twice as large as you think you need
3. Under the bench you have cross-supports that serve as shelves
4. Pegboard maybe
5. Storage is never enough. I have a desk like MUP's and long white tables (3) from COSTCO.
I like the Harbor Freight rack mount parts boxes. Great for brass & bullets, allen wrenches, Torx, old rings. etc.

I do not like electric outlets on my benchtop. I have surge suppressors out of harms way. Gunpowder lights off really easy.

One day I will make a from scratch bench and storage.

MUP

There are lots of plans on the web but my favorites are
1. rounded edges and corners.
2. twice as large as you think you need
3. Under the bench you have cross-supports that serve as shelves
4. Pegboard maybe
5. Storage is never enough. I have a desk like MUP's and long white tables (3) from COSTCO.
I like the Harbor Freight rack mount parts boxes. Great for brass & bullets, allen wrenches, Torx, old rings. etc.

I do not like electric outlets on my benchtop. I have surge suppressors out of harms way. Gunpowder lights off really easy.

One day I will make a from scratch bench and storage.
I have an extension cord ran up thru the computer cord hole in my desk...I'm thinking about dropping it out and mounting it on the back and plug in my scales back there now, instead of right there on top where the power is, and myself.

DaveB

Doing christmas stuff a few years back Wife plugged in a moving toy soldier. Massive explosion (according to Wife) but was really just a small flash. She's sensitive about burns on her sleeves.....silly girl.

Next day I'm at my bench and getting ready to plug in the Lyman 2200 and mebbe 12 inches away is an open can of IMR4350.

Several hours later I finally got everything oriented and working. I got that message loud and clear.

gtk

Staff member
Doing christmas stuff a few years back Wife plugged in a moving toy soldier. Massive explosion (according to Wife) but was really just a small flash. She's sensitive about burns on her sleeves.....silly girl.

Next day I'm at my bench and getting ready to plug in the Lyman 2200 and mebbe 12 inches away is an open can of IMR4350.

Several hours later I finally got everything oriented and working. I got that message loud and clear.
Another FYI. If you spill a bunch of magnum rifle primers on a carpeted floor, make sure you get them all picked up before your wife vacuums the area. I made sure there is no carpet in my reloading room now :)

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 77

Hduke86

I had all my reloading stuff out in my shed, but the humidity sucked. Moved some of my stuff indoors into an empty room, the window niche made a cozy little reloading area. Just used the Lee stand, couldn't lug my 12' oak top armorers bench upstairs.
gwq3a70.jpg

CwcsrFM.jpg
That middle shelf with the powder doesn't look like it can support another bottle.😂

Omega

Ha, no, if you'll notice, there are at least three pounds missing from when I originally stocked it. But yes, the shelf could have been thicker. I've since upgraded to steel shelves, which can support my taller bottles too

Latest posts