Bug Question

gil1

About a month ago, I planted some persimmons seeds in pots and put them inside my office. I'm supposed to leave them there until they sprout and then transplant outside. Two have just barely started to sprout.

I've noticed throughout the weeks that more and more bugs have been in and around the soil. Now, they are flying around in the room. They are just tiny little gnat-like bugs that I can't have in my house. But it's too early to take the plants outside - I need another week or so.

So I need to kill these bugs. Can I spray something onto the soil without harming the plants? Thanks.

Poor redneck

Bugs came from the dirt. Mix a little dish soap in water and water seeds with that. I have to do that with my house plants sometimes in the fall when I bring them inside.

gil1

Well, if you turn your head, they multiply like crazy. I think the Sevin and dishwashing liquid put the hurt on them. There were lots of critter carcasses all over.

Two days later, there were more live ones than before. I just have to keep on top of it. Gracias for the tips, though.

Latest posts