Broken X Bow...wth?

Mag

2-Step Enabled
So after hunting today I went to my truck, packed away my stuff, loaded my discharge bolt and fired into the ground like I have many times before. Immediately after firing the whole front end of the bow just fell off! I'm sure the look on my face was priceless. I gathered up the pieces and went to Poindexters to drop it off for repair. Looks like the front nut had worked itself loose and just popped off. They have replacement parts and will take care of it for me. I've never even thought to check that for tightness and have been hunting with it for several years now. Glad I wasn't up in a tree taking a shot when this happened. Anyone heard of that before?

smokepolehall

Yup i have heard of the riser/limb assembly falling off cause the nut or bolt/s weren't ck'ed & snugged as usual maitenace. I have heard of some breaing the riser bolt/s while shooting! When that happens a person needs to step back look at the material the company is using! I happen to love my body parts even if'en i be fat n old n ugly!

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I picked it up this afternoon, hopefully will get to shoot tomorrow

Latest posts