Targets for X-Bows

Crow Terminator

What kind of targets are you guys using for your bows?

I have a newer Blob target but it is not one of the good ones. The bolts pass completely thru it like hot butter at anything closer than 40 yards.

I can't shoot my 3D targets, because the bolts go in to the fletch or pass completely thru.

I have a Range Master Morrell bag target that holds up well but it is only for field tips. I just bought a 450 fps Rinehart bag that is junk...shooting it at 50 and 60 yards to get my scope set and the bolts are going to the fletch on it already.

medwc

Not really a budget target but I use a Spyderweb crossbow target. It seems really weatherproof and stops the pro-elite arrows(100 gn heads) out of a Tenpoint Shadow nxt crossbow at any range. I would say about a 6' average penetration depth. It is a really heavy target too. JM2C...

Crow Terminator

Target update.

The before mentioned Rinehart bag...well it exploded. Literally. It got rained on once and the material inside the bag expanded. It popped the zipper on the bottom and exploded out of that.

I have an older Rinehart Rhinoblock XL that has been an awesome compound bow target. It still stops arrows from a compound bow. I have been hesitant to shoot it with the X bow but while we were shooting the other day I told my wife to pick a dot on it and let one fly. At 30 yards. I knew she hit it but when I went to pull the bolt, I couldn't find it. It had actually gone thru it and was sticking 2.5 inches out of the back side of it. I couldn't believe it. I've shot 280-300 fps compounds at it at point blank and they never drive further than a couple inches into it.

That Sub 1 XR is one bad mamma jamma.

X-Tennessean

I am using the Morrel High Roller with my Mission XR, at 30 yards getting about 7-8" penetration!! A bit pricey but weather proof, self healing and can shoot broad heads with it.

TheLBLman

Crow Terminator":5aqmfpei said:
I have an older Rinehart Rhinoblock XL that has been an awesome compound bow target.
Don't think it is a "crossbow" target, but mine has been hit with a variety of crossbow bolts, without issue.
I originally got it because it was about the largest broadhead target I could find (think 24" x 24')
and I had gone back to a recurve, wanting lots of margin for error!

I cannot believe how well it has held up now for several years, although I have been good about rotating it, and have replaced the core, at least once if not twice.

Rakkin6

Another vote for the spyderweb targets. I am shooting the new tenpoint stealth nxt. It is a pretty fast bow and the spyderwebs hold up well.

Latest posts