Bream fillet

Headhunter

I have filleted literally thousands of fish and used many knives. Regular and electric.

I purchased a bubba electric knife. It is ok.

I purchased the Bubba Pro electric knife. I have no clue what the difference is, but the Bubba Pro electric knife is by far the best I have ever used.
I catch several hundred hybrids every spring. I do not eat hybrids and I hate filleting them. Large hybrids are tough. New blades, many electric knives, the Bubba fillet knife, etc. all of them are terrible at cleaning large hybrids. At least 10 minutes and maybe longer.

The Bubba Pro electric knife, seconds to fillet a large hybrid. It flat out cuts.
we could. i was going to post a video if i caught some big sand bass or stripers anyway. (you asked me on here one time about how i get thru striper ribs).

anyway ill post up a short video when i get some fish to filet. better practice cutting out those ribs better so you can get more of that belly meat.
Practice cutting ribs? Not sure about that. I cut the rib meat with a sharp fillet knife.

WTM

I have filleted literally thousands of fish and used many knives.

Practice cutting ribs? Not sure about that. I cut the rib meat with a sharp fillet knife.
ive literally dressed tens of thousands. i used to work in the dressing room of a fish market when i was a teenager.

fileting the ribs out, not just cutting them out.

Headhunter

ive literally dressed tens of thousands. i used to work in the dressing room of a fish market when i was a teenager.

fileting the ribs out, not just cutting them out.
I prefer to cut the whole fillet out then the ribcage out of the fillet. I have seen several who filleted the ribs out, they all ended up with less meat than me. Not much less, but still less.

Latest posts