Bream fillet

Iglow

I guess you could fillet bream same as this, it gets mesmerizing watching that dude go through that sack of crappie. Note: this isn't the basketball player Grant Williams or I don't think it is. I've had a bream fry on my mind for about a week, guess I'm gonna have to go catch some.

huntntrap

Saw a guy at the cleaning table on lake Weiss one year that was as fast as that. I tried to do it fast and about cut my fingers off

mike243

Still have to come back cut the notch out because I always have a little piece of bone there you can see the stomach wall, that's fast but as few as I catch I aint standing there long lol

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
bluegill is the only fish i don't fillet. scale them, de-head and gut them. ready to fry...the skin is like a wee fish potato chip.:p
I don't really care for crappie fillets. Just don't have much flavor.
I did a crappie and a bream last year while.
Crappie was MUCH better. Bream I didn't care for.
Weird how people are so different.

Lt.Dan

I've done it both manually and an with electric fillet knife. Not quite as fast but I'm close. I do cut the ribs out after slicing the fillet off the skin. I don't care for the bones at all.

Headhunter

I fillet both crappie and bluegill. Both just as good. My dad prefers crappie whole.

I am quick filleting bluegill. I also get a super nice fillet. all with an electric knife, well I cut rib cage out with regular knife.

Attachments

• bluegill.jpeg
    bluegill.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 28
  • bluegill fillet.jpeg
    bluegill fillet.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 29

WTM

I would be up for a friendly competition, and quality of the fillet would be a factor also.
we could. i was going to post a video if i caught some big sand bass or stripers anyway. (you asked me on here one time about how i get thru striper ribs).

anyway ill post up a short video when i get some fish to filet. better practice cutting out those ribs better so you can get more of that belly meat.

Latest posts