Bowhunting form the ground.

goose17

How many of yall do it?I know crappie luck does it some. I found some nice places to hunt but a treestand won't do.I have a tripod seat and bought a ground blind yesterday.

Radar

I have killed a few deer off the ground with a bow in areas without good trees for treestands . I use natural blinds . Cover in fence rows or brushpiles work great . If you use a portable blind it needs to be brushed in well and put up at least a week or two before you hunt it so deer can become accustomed to it .

MFBAB

I have a ground blind set up on a beanfield, I may not get a shot(although I have had some trail cam pics within shooting range of it) but I put it on a high spot so I can observe a very large area and nail down the best ambush points in a couple of days. The blind is brushed in and has been out 2 weeks already.

Hook1

Man I've been known to just back up against a big tree,,,favorite hide is a fallen tree top and I have thrown some brush together a time or two,,,I just get tired of carrying a treestand over hill and over dale.

cdtac1

Most of my deer have been off the ground with a gun and at least half of the ones with a bow have been. I just let the situation dictate where I need to be. It's a lot like fishing, use the bait you like best or let the fish tell you what is best!