bowhunting climber

rack'em up

i've got a summit viper but the bar in front gets in my way when i bowhunt.are they any good bowhunting climbers out there?thanks.

---------------------------------
why hunt with anyone else?Team TLBB!!

Winchester

Yes sir, loggy bayou is the best I have found to bowhunt out of. There's absolutely nothing to get in the way, seat folds up when you stand up, rubber grips the tree and leaves no sign of where you have climbed, very quite with a little tweaking, can be used as a loc on as well as a climber, very lightweight, not for everyone but I have been using them for 20+ years and love them.

DTG

api gs 3400 series front bar falls out of the way comfortable too.
got a lone wolf sit/climb cool if you weigh less than 170lbs seat not comfortable at all on me

Boone 58

I just keep the upper part of my stand lower to begin with to eliminat this problem when bowhunting.....works for me.

LY

camoman270 said:
I just keep the upper part of my stand lower to begin with to eliminat this problem when bowhunting.....works for me.

Ditto for me too, I'm too afraid of dozing off to hunt without some sort of bar. Besides I usually hear them coming and standup and get ready before they can see me.

LY

Brad Martin

I can't decide if the lighter weight(openshot) or the extra comfort(viper) is better. I only have the viper so... what is your thoughts?

mississippi

Radar said:
I love my Summit Open Shot .At 14lbs. , it's light to carry as well as comfortable .
Sitting shots are easy .
i got one of those also. i am about 210 though, and it being a hand climber seems to take a toll on me by the time i get up the tree. i bought it for the light weight, but i just dont know if i like it or not due the climbing part. once i get it up there, it sits fine. what are your thoughts on this radar?

Radar

mississippi said:
Radar said:
I love my Summit Open Shot .At 14lbs. , it's light to carry as well as comfortable .
Sitting shots are easy .
i got one of those also. i am about 210 though, and it being a hand climber seems to take a toll on me by the time i get up the tree. i bought it for the light weight, but i just dont know if i like it or not due the climbing part. once i get it up there, it sits fine. what are your thoughts on this radar?
Make sure you are resting your forearms on top of the hand climber just above waist level ,and pulling your stand up with your legs . The mistake some hunters make is trying to put the hand climber over their heads and doing a pull up with it .
You will wear yourself out climbing that way .
I weigh about 220 lbs. and don't have any problems climbing .

A

Anonymous

ole man grand vision comfy stable versitile, but lock ons more productive because of noise setting up

TennBuck

Radar said:
mississippi said:
Radar said:
Sitting shots are easy .
Make sure you are resting your forearms on top of the hand climber just above waist level ,and pulling your stand up with your legs . The mistake some hunters make is trying to put the hand climber over their heads and doing a pull up with it .

agree! i'm 217 with no problem.

Barrett

Any summit stand is your best bet, I have the summit cobra, it is an open front stand. If I were you I would look into the summit broadhead ss

Radar

Bad_Deer24 said:
Any summit stand is your best bet, I have the summit cobra, it is an open front stand. If I were you I would look into the summit broadhead ss

I had the Summit Broadhead and exchanged it for the Open Shot . I was squeeking when I shifted my weight on the bottom platform .
I like the Open shot much better .

fourwheeler431

Radar said:
mississippi said:
Radar said:
Sitting shots are easy .
This is the way I use mine.I had the same problem until I figured out how to use it.By the time I got up 20ft I was exhausted.

Latest posts