Gorilla Climber Stand HELP

BDS05

Can't help ya on the Gorilla. Take a look at BigGame Treestands. I love mine.

BDS05

Wow my bad. I assumed you were referring to ladder stands. Not sure BigGame makes climbers..

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
knight88 said:
Does anyone use these? Whats good/bad about them? My 13 year old son thinks he really NEEDS one...

was looking hard at them sunday... The only thing I dont like is the the open front the one I was looking at had... I had a summit python and it had the foot/gun rest depending on how you set it and that is the only reason I got rid of it...kinda wish I wouldn't have...and I really I wish, I would have bought a summit viper ss Dicks had marked for 279 Friday...when I went back sunday it was 399 or so...

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I have 2 Gorilla climbing stands and like them. Easy to set up and climb with and fairly comfortable. Mine have the mesh seat so a pad helps alot. Not too heavy either.

TJS209

look at the summit viper..best climber I've ever had will never by another kind. I've used summit, ol' man and api never used Gorilla. does your 13 yr old using a climber make you nervous?

knight88

Bowtech, Yes just a bit, he is quite mature for his age but he thinks he needs everything that can possibly give him an edge. Guess he should have been born with a tail so I would not worry so much LOL...

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
if that thing is 200 bucks you should give gator-n-buck a pm and pay just a hair more for a viper... A summit will grip a dang tree..I started climbing at 13 (1983)with a homemade climber...cant remember the name that guy ended up naming those things to sale commercially, but you sat facing the tree and oh boy have advancements been made since...

anyhow even back then my dad made me use a safety belt. Buy him a summit and he will be very very happy and they hook up easy and I have never had one move once up... when you get the seat set up right, to fit the way you like to sit, on a summit you can sit all day if you feel like it.

cozy23

I have a buddy that was looking at a Gorilla stand and the Cabelas brand climber that is a replica of the summit viper. He ended up buying the Cabelas one. It is super light and is pretty nice. He is a big dude and can fit in it just fine.

Adamjcksn

Ol Man treestands make quality stands. Same folding compact design as the gorilla. I have two and have never had a problem out of them. The aluminum which I have, is extremely light and makes packing in and out a breeze.

A.K.A.

knight88 said:
Does anyone use these? Whats good/bad about them? My 13 year old son thinks he really NEEDS one...
I have one. They are actually pretty good. They aqre steel and therefore heavier than aluminum. They are quiet, stable, fold flat, and easy to set up. Probably the only thing I dont like about mine is it could use some more knee room and its a tad on the heavy side but not overly heavy.

A.K.A.

A.K.A. said:
knight88 said:
I have one. They are actually pretty good. They aqre steel and therefore heavier than aluminum. They are quiet, stable, fold flat, and easy to set up. Probably the only thing I dont like about mine is it could use some more knee room and its a tad on the heavy side but not overly heavy.
Mine has the mesh seat also and it came with a pad.

Latest posts