Bowater Property, Lansing, TN

smyrnagc

Many years ago a buddy and I hunting Bowater pine property in Lansing, TN off Hwy 27 in Morgan County. At that time it was open to anyone. It was thousands of acres in pine but had hard wood areas on the outsides. In the early 90's you had to get a card/permit from Bowater for $2. Had many a good time there.

Just curious if this is still pine acreage and able to hunt.

cecil30-30

No more permits. All of it has been sold, some chopped up, still some large tracts. Large tracts are leases as far as I know.
I dont know if you have noticed or not, but whoever has it now is lotting it off something serious. Even made a subdivision up towards the morgan/Scott co line. It's sickening to see it changing. Times are a changing and it's not for the good. I hate to sound cliché but alot.of the land is going to Californians.

CrossVolle

No more permits. All of it has been sold, some chopped up, still some large tracts. Large tracts are leases as far as I know.
Believe this is accurate. We leased a 5000 acre tract of it in White County for a long time. Believe the originals still are the lease holder on it to this day.

hoghunter65

Bowater is no more, sold to Resolute, all land holds were sold, most to individuals, I just called Resolute one day last week, about leasing and they said they didn't do that, said all there land was sold.

smyrnagc

This is the way it seems a lot of areas are going. Absolutely loved hunting up there. We would go in at the little one room white church on Hwy 27. Even did several camping trips where we would go up on a Friday morning and hunt all weekend.

hoghunter65

I leased 2 different properties from bowater, when they went under I got a letter saying no leases would be renewed and all land are for sale.

killingtime 41

I dont know if you have noticed or not, but whoever has it now is lotting it off something serious. Even made a subdivision up towards the morgan/Scott co line. It's sickening to see it changing. Times are a changing and it's not for the good. I hate to sound cliché but alot.of the land is going to Californians.
Who will pay any price that's why. Then build build build. Then they look around and say this place sucks now. Well that's because you move around and do the same crap wherever you go. Not that long ago they lived in they're state. Now you want to move here and ruin it. my kids and grandkids and myself thank you for making it impossible for them to ever own anything in the state they were born in.

larry ipock

Who will pay any price that's why. Then build build build. Then they look around and say this place sucks now. Well that's because you move around and do the same crap wherever you go. Not that long ago they lived in they're state. Now you want to move here and ruin it. my kids and grandkids and myself thank you for making it impossible for them to ever own anything in the state they were born in.

Use to buy a permit and hunted Fentress, Morgan, and Scott counties, back in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. Sad what it's become. Squeezed down to very small areas in Scott county now. When that's gone I'm out I guess.

larry ipock

This is the way it seems a lot of areas are going. Absolutely loved hunting up there. We would go in at the little one room white church on Hwy 27. Even did several camping trips where we would go up on a Friday morning and hunt all weekend.

Hunted that a lot back then. You could go in that way, come out the Coal Hill area, and then out to 27 at Glenmary

Latest posts