Bore Snake ?

Tiny

I picked up one of them from Hoppes an aint to impressed with it although it does do a good job on a qiuck clean.To hard to get it down the barrel to pull through. Pull cord isn't tight enough or the weight heavy enough on this brand,IMO.

Was wondering if it is me or this brand of Bore Snake?

10mm4me

They are good for a quick,after range clean. However, they are inadequate for "deep cleaning". I have never had any prob w/mine. All are pretty tight and the pull cord drops in/out w/ease. What caliber you using? Once tried to pull the 12ga through a 20ga barrel. That was tough. Got it nice and shiny though.

Tiny

Got a rifle model although I got it use on a Buckmark pistol so not to have fool with takeing it down ever range session,a bit of a pain and I hate useing a rod from the muzzle end period.Also thought it would do for some other 22's

Haven't had a problem with the pistol but haven't used it much on it. A real pain to get the pull cord down the barrel of the 15-22 even after jsut a few rounds,impossible from the breech end at least without hingeing it open which if I did that I would use a rod. It wouldn't go through it after around 100 rounds had to run a couple of dry patches down it first then it fell through.

No conplaints on how it cleans a bore,just getting the pull cord through one.Seems to do a decent job cleaning one for a quick clean still not as good a GOOD cleaning session.

Boone 58

using the foaming bore cleaner i hve never had any problem with anything including a regular patch....the foam does the work and is totally awesome!

Tiny

camoman270 said:
using the foaming bore cleaner i hve never had any problem with anything including a regular patch....the foam does the work and is totally awesome!

Yep I agree with you on the Foaming bore cleaners being good,at leaset those I have tried so far.Still prefer others to them though,but good stuff esp Wipeout none the less.

bobthebowhunter

I got a .22 size snake for my .223. I freakin love mine. It was a life saver while I was doing the break in on the rifle. I put bore cleaner on the end going in and oil on the tail end. Seems to work pretty good for a quick clean.

Latest posts