Boresight/Smithing Williamson County

Westcoach41

Hey y'all... I realize how easy it is to boresite a rifle. I just don't want to do it because honestly, I'll do it and then will doubt myself 100%.

I need a pro in Williamson County. Who do you use. Willing to travel to nearby counties. Just need this done ASAP.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Goodwin I was thinking the same thing. Why be worried? It just gets you on paper for you to dial it in. Don't trust a bore sight to go hunting with.

Westcoach41

Ok I got to ask...

You just wanting to get on paper? or going to go hunting after bore sighting said r
Ok I got to ask...

You just wanting to get on paper? or going to go hunting after bore sighting said rifle?
Limited time/space for me to work with with. Trying to get as accurate as possible so I can site in to paper in quick fashion.

old guy

I have a private 150 yard shooting range on my property located in the Bolton - Rosemark area north of Memphis in Shelby Co. If a TNDEER member needs to zero there hunting rifle they are welcome to use my range . I have mounted and zeroed numerous hunting rifles in my 60 plus years of hunting . I can teach you how to zero your rifle to suit you. The accuracy is up to you. you can always upgrade your rig if you are not satisfied with your groups. I have found that 90% is satisfied and their groups are well suited for hunting. The other 10% are hunters that just aren't satisfied unless groups look like one hole and that is great . I love to see a true marksman work . Larry 901-829-2507 Home 901-568-2899 Cell Good luck this season . Safety first ... Always

Safari Hunt

If a bolt action, I have always just done this at the range. Pull the bolt, bore sight, shoot at 25 yds, make adjustment, move out to 100yds.
Good! Go in three shot sets. Shoot and adjust. Remember the clicks will be "multiplied" at 25 yards and will need more clicks at 25 yards. What caliber? I set mine, .243 and 30/06 one inch high at 25 yards. After that, I don't go out to 100 yards. Good for what distances we shoot at here in East Tennessee. Read an article where it was suggested to start at 100 yards! Good if you are a millionaire and can afford 100 rounds to use even if bore-sighting. Story- I have a Ruger 10/22 and got a new 4 scope (old one had lens fall apart!). My grandson was sighting it at 25 yards. He was about 2 feet high! Took lots of clicks to get it on target! Fortunately, I have lots of .22 ammo.
Military personnel, what did you start at? We started at 25 meters, three shots and adjusted per drill sargent's instructions. Guy with one three shot cloverleaf never fired a firearm in his life!

DaveB

I did my training with an M14 in 1968. Actually dont recall where we started but I ended up shooting Expert with it. I do recall my first M16 experiences and most of us were pretty vocal about the lack of accuracy.

vonb

You can do this with no tools needed if a bolt-action. Make sure it's unloaded before proceeding.

1) Pull your bolt out of your gun
2) Put the rifle in a rest where it won't move
3) Look through the bore of your barrel and focus on something 50+ yards away. The item your looking at should be a contrasting color so you can see it. Make sure that object is centered in the bore while looking through it.
4) Now look through your scope. Adjust your crosshairs so that they focus on the object being seen in the center of your bore. Remember that your bore equates to bullet impact. Therefore, adjust your turrets so that it moves your reticle to where the bore is aiming. Therefore, if bore is focused on something to right where scope is aiming, you'll move turrets to the LEFT (remember your moving bullet impact).
5) Once adjusted, your scope should be aiming in the same place as what you see through the bore. This will get you on paper.
6) Go to the range and verify/adjust final adjustments.

Mtncur76

Good! Go in three shot sets. Shoot and adjust. Remember the clicks will be "multiplied" at 25 yards and will need more clicks at 25 yards. What caliber? I set mine, .243 and 30/06 one inch high at 25 yards. After that, I don't go out to 100 yards. Good for what distances we shoot at here in East Tennessee. Read an article where it was suggested to start at 100 yards! Good if you are a millionaire and can afford 100 rounds to use even if bore-sighting. Story- I have a Ruger 10/22 and got a new 4 scope (old one had lens fall apart!). My grandson was sighting it at 25 yards. He was about 2 feet high! Took lots of clicks to get it on target! Fortunately, I have lots of .22 ammo.
Military personnel, what did you start at? We started at 25 meters, three shots and adjusted per drill sargent's instructions. Guy with one three shot cloverleaf never fired a firearm in his life!
Dont know what grain your using but 1 in high at 25 yrds will put you almost 9inchs high at 150yrds my 30.06 is 1.25. inch at 50 that will still be 5in high at 150yrds

Latest posts