Bologna

Mud Creek

Threw this on the smoker yesterday evening.

Slathered in mustard
Rubbed with Fire and Smoke Cherry Cola rub and a little brown sugar. Smoked about 275-300 for 3 hours using cherry wood with a small stick of hickory as well. Off the smoker, wrapped in foil for 1 hour and then sliced. At different thicknesses. Some thick for sandwiches, some thinner for bologna and crackers, or my personal favorite after I've cooked some bacon, throw a piece in the cast iron skillet and fry it in the bacon grease. On a biscuit with a little mustard. Sometimes I add a drop or 2 of syrup.

20230802_133059.jpg
20230802_133522.jpg
20230802_133527.jpg
20230802_133554.jpg
20230802_133658.jpg

UCStandSitter

Love some smoked bologna. I can't seem to find chubs these days. I used to get them regularly at the Food Lion near my house but their butcher tells me he has had em on order for a year and can't get em. Shame. I usually smoke several through the summer. Lil hot sauce or a lil mustard does the trick.

Mud Creek

Love some smoked bologna. I can't seem to find chubs these days. I used to get them regularly at the Food Lion near my house but their butcher tells me he has had em on order for a year and can't get em. Shame. I usually smoke several through the summer. Lil hot sauce or a lil mustard does the trick.

Food Lion here use to carry them but don't anymore. Walmart still carries the plain ones here. Can't remember if its 5# or 2#. I use the Frosty Morn Hot Bologna. My uncle used it and it his were always great. Ive tried a few brands but this is my favorite. I didn't plant amy cherry tomatoes this year but I use to slice them up and put them on a cracker with a piece of cheese and this bologna. Dang good fishing snack!!

Gronkmonster

Threw this on the smoker yesterday evening.

Slathered in mustard
Rubbed with Fire and Smoke Cherry Cola rub and a little brown sugar. Smoked about 275-300 for 3 hours using cherry wood with a small stick of hickory as well. Off the smoker, wrapped in foil for 1 hour and then sliced. At different thicknesses. Some thick for sandwiches, some thinner for bologna and crackers, or my personal favorite after I've cooked some bacon, throw a piece in the cast iron skillet and fry it in the bacon grease. On a biscuit with a little mustard. Sometimes I add a drop or 2 of syrup.

View attachment 188755View attachment 188756View attachment 188757View attachment 188758View attachment 188759
Sitting here with my stomach growling, debating if it's worth going down to the hospital cafeteria for something to eat, and then I see these pics. Definitely not right 🤣

mike52

When I was with a group that tailgated at all the Titans home games, I would go by Wallyworld and get a 5 lb chubby take to deli and have them slice it #20. Thats a quarter pound of meat. Cook on grill till has sear marks, flip and put a generous amount of Heniz hot bbq sauce, repeat on other side. Hamberger bun and a thick slice of white onion. Makes a mighty fine eat

Latest posts