Smoked Bologna

Oldschool

Smoking Stuffed bologna with cheese and jalapeños. Took the parts of bologna, that was carved out, smothered them with honey and brown sugar. Also, smoking queso brats wrapped in bacon. Lunch for the week.

Attachments

• C41F05AA-1863-4749-8C73-C1DC4D5536F2.jpeg
    C41F05AA-1863-4749-8C73-C1DC4D5536F2.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 171

Mud Creek

Looks dang good! Theres a grocery store near me that sells a hot bologna. It weighs 2-3#s. I usually cover in mustard, a little brown sugar, paprika, and a bit of a cherry rub then smoke using cherry wood. It's always great but I've never thought of stuffing it before, Good idea!

Chiflyguy

Anyone ever make homemade bologna from scratch?
Best I ever had was from a meat market in Wisconsin.
Fried with a slice of 5 year old cheddar…….damn.

TAFKAP

Anyone ever make homemade bologna from scratch?
Best I ever had was from a meat market in Wisconsin.
Fried with a slice of 5 year old cheddar…….damn.

Because it's an emulsified sausage, it's a little more involved than a typical ground-meat sausage in a tube. I don't have the proper equipment to mess with it

Oldschool

225 degrees for 5 hours on the bologna. It takes awhile for the cheese to melt all the way through. I stuff it with 2 packs of shredded cheese and a jar of diced jalapeños.

jetwrnch

What does the slice look like? I'm thinking of trying 1/2in round cores if I can find something long enough to cut the holes from end to end. I need a sharpened thin wall stainless tube.

mike52

Didn't smoke it but was really good. When I tailgated at Titans home games I would go by Wally World and get a 5 lb stick of bologna , take it to deli and have then slice it on #20 setting. That is a 1/4 pound slice. Put on grill med/high heat , when grill marks were good flip it and cover with the cheaper Kraft HOT BBQ sauce. check grill marks flip a repeat sauce. A thick slice of white onion and hamburger bun , MIGHT FINE EATING

Union Co. Boy

What does the slice look like? I'm thinking of trying 1/2in round cores if I can find something long enough to cut the holes from end to end. I need a sharpened thin wall stainless tube.
I cut a PVC pipe the length I wanted, hit one end on a wheel grinder to sharpen it a bit, and use it to core it out. I cut the ends off of the core and tooth pick the in to seal it up after I stuff it. Works well so far. Been doing it for almost 20 years.

Latest posts