Boat insurance

Crow Terminator

Do any of you guys have extra insurance for the electronics/etc on your boat? My boat is new and the bank required full coverage insurance on the boat itself but my policy just covers the hull, outboard, and trailer. Not the contents of the boat. As high as these sonar units, etc are now, I easily have $10k in my electronics. That's not counting tackle, etc.

If you did, who did you get it through and how much does it cover and what is the cost per yr? I currently have my vehicles and boat through Farm Bureau.

7mm08

FB is who I use although my most expensive electronic equipment is my MinnKota Ulterra.

Although I need to make sure about what I have it insured for. I saw one on boat trader, older than mine , and without power pole, trolling motor , and more hours than on my engine for $10,000 more than I paid for mine! I knew there was a shortage but goodness!

TNReb

Like others said.. everything in and on mine is covered. My electronics, tackle, etc.

Make sure your agent clearly understands what you're wanting to insure.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Like others said.. everything in and on mine is covered. My electronics, tackle, etc.

Make sure your agent clearly understands what you're wanting to insure.
Also need to find out what they will actually pay out too.
Just because you have 15K worth of coverage they will only pay bluebook value, kinda like renters insurance.
Getting them to tell the truth is the challenge.

TRIGGER

Also need to find out what they will actually pay out too.
Just because you have 15K worth of coverage they will only pay bluebook value, kinda like renters insurance.
Getting them to tell the truth is the challenge.
I learned this the hard way. They ask me how much coverage i wanted on it and let me pay the premium on that amount but when I needed it they would only give me what it booked for which was WAY less than the coverage I had been paying the premium on. Ticked me off but that's how they all work.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I learned this the hard way. They ask me how much coverage i wanted on it and let me pay the premium on that amount but when I needed it they would only give me what it booked for which was WAY less than the coverage I had been paying the premium on. Ticked me off but that's how they all work.
Yep, they definitely take your money under false pretenses.

bluball

I have agreed value with world wide marine,it pays an agreed value if totaled,not the book value

Planking

I would look for an agreed value policy to keep from getting screwed. I don't add my electronics either because after the deductible its not really worth the premium.

Latest posts