Bill Rice Ranch

Lost Lake

I drive that road a lot and see a lot of deer out by the entrance to the ranch, especially on rainy days. A lot of slow drivers on 96 between Triune and Murfreesboro, and I become one myself as I pass that ranch. I've seen a lot of deer splattered on the highway and almost taken out several myself.

Bone Collector

All i know about it is the workers that work the ranch are not paid much. As a reward they can hunt to supplement there freezers and they do. I hear it takes an act of congress to hunt there even if you are family and Bill has to approve it himself. It certainly is covered with deer. he has a total of like 1500 acres, but that 800+ acre tract back off Coleman Hill Rd is where they hunt as the front is where the camp is.

My guess is due to the access being on that end they just hunt back there mostly as to go further in would be a walk in and a long drag out.

carbonrex

Travel that road to cool springs every day. I see deer out there all the time, never seen any big deer but defenatly lots of deer. I have seen a couple really good shooters were they park people for the festival at the castle, and those big fields just past triune.

Latest posts