Wolfe Ricer (Creek) WMA near Memphis

What are Yall's opinions on this place?
Unit 1 or 2?
Carcass disposal?
Still a CWD area?

How's the hunting?

Any rut activity after Christmas?

What is a good representative mature buck gonna average score gross?

Is it still bow only during that time?

UpperTully

Ive hunted every WMA with 2hrs from Memphis and never heard of a Wolfe Ricer (Creek) WMA.

If you're referring to Wolf River WMA, it's pretty much ground zero for CWD, it's went to crap when they eliminated archery only after muzzle loader season and pressure is always significant with Memphis hunters.

I quit hunting it when deer sightings per sit dropped to almost nothing.

Texan11285

It's a durn shame. Just moved a few miles from it hoping to spend a lot of time there. After all I've read about CWD, it's a hard pass. I'm a meat hunter. I will be willing to drive to a lease that is out of the CWD regions.

Roadracer6

It's a durn shame. Just moved a few miles from it hoping to spend a lot of time there. After all I've read about CWD, it's a hard pass. I'm a meat hunter. I will be willing to drive to a lease that is out of the CWD regions.
I'd guess CWD is all over the place, and if the entire state started testing, it would show exactly that. It's been around longer than we have. I'm not in the designated red zone, but I'm also not worried one bit about it or eating a deer that has it. Just my $.02.

redblood

I'd guess CWD is all over the place, and if the entire state started testing, it would show exactly that. It's been around longer than we have. I'm not in the designated red zone, but I'm also not worried one bit about it or eating a deer that has it. Just my $.02.
Im only afraid of TWRAs response to it. Thats it

Latest posts