Big South Fork Early January?

codex

Howdy folks. Looking to take a hunting trip with some buddies up to Big South Fork and hopefully find a deer or two in early January. I've heard about late season being rough but figured if we can't get a deer than a hog would still be possible. Any advice? Specifically about the park or late season tips in general? Debating on if a blind or temporary tree stand would be worth it vs stalking. Thanks!

348Winchester

I live very close to the southern end of Big South Fork and have hunted the northern plateau since childhood. Late season is very tough hunting. The deer are there, of course, but they are elusive to say the least. Anything is possible though. Hogs are plentiful in some areas but non-existent in others. Any day hunting beats any day working however!

AppalachiaVol

I live very close to the southern end of Big South Fork and have hunted the northern plateau since childhood. Late season is very tough hunting. The deer are there, of course, but they are elusive to say the least. Anything is possible though. Hogs are plentiful in some areas but non-existent in others. Any day hunting beats any day working however!
What areas are the hogs plentiful? South region? I'm looking into hunting there this Jan

Latest posts