Big Horn National Forest - Wyoming

rvs9

Drove through it on my way back from Yellowstone. I liked the terrain and have been thinking about trying to hunt it in the next year or 2. Anyone hunted it? Outcome of hunt? Goods and bads?

Radar

I have been out to Wyoming hunting for Mulies near Casper , but I haven't hunted that area .
Like you , I have drove through there on vacation to Yellowstone .

tndeer101

I hunted mule deer on the west side of the Big Horns in Tensleep and pronghorn on the east side in Buffalo.At that time, most of the Big Horn was considered a wilderness area and required a guide for nonresidents. I don't know if that has changed at this time.My last hunt in Wyoming was near Sheridan on private land.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
IF you hunt in a Wilderness Area in Wyoming, you have to have a guide. Its a bullcrap law that doesn't do anything but to make a nonresident spend more money. You can get just as lost in a National Forest.

jarhead7481

tndeer101 said:
I hunted mule deer on the west side of the Big Horns in Tensleep and pronghorn on the east side in Buffalo.At that time, most of the Big Horn was considered a wilderness area and required a guide for nonresidents. I don't know if that has changed at this time.My last hunt in Wyoming was near Sheridan on private land.

Seems to me that I remember the Wilderness are around Buffalo being much larger. I hunted out there before GPS's and I related the shrinkage to that.
I agree with UPSman. Nothing like subsidizing there low license fees......

Latest posts