Bh209

rutnstrut2

So I have been reading alot of what you all are saying, the question I got is why? What's the diff in it vrs 777 pellets? Someone please explain? Never had a problem with what I shoot but thought if its something to make me better why not ask? Thanks

MUP

The main thing I'm gathering from all the talk, is that it doesn't need swabbing between shots, ie doesn't leave a crud ring. Also about 15% hotter than traditional powder sub's, so you can use less to have the same pressure/fps. The ability to shoot repeatedly and not have to clean is enough for me to want to try it. ;)

smyrnagc

MUP said:
The main thing I'm gathering from all the talk, is that it doesn't need swabbing between shots, ie doesn't leave a crud ring. Also about 15% hotter than traditional powder sub's, so you can use less to have the same pressure/fps. The ability to shoot repeatedly and not have to clean is enough for me to want to try it. ;)

In my opinion it also is easier to clean up than pyrodex. I use Montana Extreme (you can also use Hoppe's) and it takes much less time as well as the number of patches. A trick I learned this year from a muzzleloader veteran was before I run the patches down it I take the air compressor and shoot air down the barrel several times (breech plug removed). This blows a majority of the powder fouling out the end of the barrel, so less to clean.

Last range session I shot six times, never swabbed between shots, and after hitting the barrel with the air compressor it only took 4 patches for it to be clean and ready to go for this weekend.

FrontierGander

no crud ring, doesnt go bad, water proof, excellent velocity and consistency. Super easy clean up " no water clean up!" reload easily without having to bust a gut trying to push through nasty crud build up. Pellets are expensive and normally last only 2 years before they need to be disposed of.

Killing time

Beware of breech plug issues. I suggest you go to their website and look at the FAQ and also the breech plug info under technical stuff. Im sticking with what i have. Dont have a headache, no need to create one.

smyrnagc

Killing time said:
Beware of breech plug issues. I suggest you go to their website and look at the FAQ and also the breech plug info under technical stuff. Im sticking with what i have. Dont have a headache, no need to create one.

You are correct KT, you will most likely need the BH209 breechplug for your rifle for it to fire consistently but tons of data and info is available for the BPs for particular rifles.

I have the BH BP in both my Knight DISC and LRH but my Thompson Center Omega X7 shot BH with the factory BP with no issues whatsoever.

93civEJ1

I will probably try it after i go through my case of triple 7's. I only have 96 more pellets to go..lol

rutnstrut2

I have awsome patterns with 777 and the super glides in my tradition. I found a guy that makes bore cleaner out of strawberry plains he sales it for 5 a bottle and it really only takes 4-5 patches for it to be spotless, running low gotta get some more but the designed for muzzleloaders they also have a formula for center fire I have not tried yet but will deff look into this thanks for all the feed back

Tennessee Lead

I will never shoot Pyrodex or 777 again. I am hooked on the Bh209. My gun has shrunk it's groups quite a bit with and without cleaning between shots it shoots the same and loads very easy.

Smokyrider

I use it because:
1)I can weight the loads, more consistent load to load.

2)Don't have to swab between shots and still maintain accuracy.

3)Alot easier to load 2nd shot.

4)Bullet seats to the same spot easily everytime with the ramrod.

5)Easy cleanup.

infoman jr.

I'll be switching to BH209 next year if I don't go smokeless.

Could someone tell me more about a BH breech plug for a Knight DISC extreme?

Latest posts