Best rigs...

TreyB

We go to Cape San Blas every year. 4 families of ours. But this year it's just us. I'm no fisherman really but my brother in law is. Thing is, he isn't going this year. What would u recommend for off the beach fishing? Sharks or anything.

Grandslam11

If you are fishing off a pier, I would use GOTCHA plugs, bubble rigs, spoons for spanish mackeral. You can catch a variety of fish using any of the mentioned baits. For shark, squid or any cut bait should work fine from the beach. If you happen to catch a mackeral, you could always use it as bait. Good luck. Fish ought to be running good.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
If you are going this month, I'd be focusing on Pompano and Whiting off the beach. Those are two of the best eating fish in salt water. A 7ft medium action rod will be enough for them. Everything in salt water will eat a shrimp bait.

Rollo

Squid is cheap and stays on a hook better but shrimp (for me) catches more fish. A good artificial bait is the DOA shrimp. If you are fishing the beach then try near clear or near clear firetail. If around weeds and canals try the root beer color. Another artificial that I've had success with is almost any mirror soft swim bait, 2-3". Powerbait, Renosky, etc. I like the paddle tails best. Jig them kind of slow, bouncing them off the bottom. Even if you catch pinfish or something small (which you probably will) cut that up or use whole and tight line for bigger fish. Use mono or if you have braid, use a mono leader. I does make a huge difference. Good luck..

Latest posts