Fishing Rigs and tools

Omega

Going to get back into fishing so thought I would post a few questions. What kind of fishing rigs and tools do you guys use, and what is your target fish with the rig? Back in the early 80s, In NC, I took up crappie fishing on Jodan Lake, bass were easy, but at first, had little to no luck on crappie even though many around me were pulling them in left and right. It wasn't until one day I got snagged on a line and managed to pull in the entire rig that I found out what I was doing different. Seemed that the slip float was king on that lake, unlike my bobber with that spring loaded hook at the bottom. So I rigged my lines more or less like below but with minnows and managed to fill my cooler pretty easily. Here it doesn't seem to work as well, and for a while it seemed that they preferred jigs instead of minnows. I see all these fancy rigs nowadays, are they worth it or mostly gimmick?

This was my go to for pan fishing, with that spring loaded bobber, wasn't great for crappie though.
1692304194810.png

1692304061090.png

This is how I managed to start pulling in my limit, but with minnows.

1692303258118.png

BTW, I found I had a hard time tying knots, had to buy a little tool to help me, seems my fingers are not as agile as they used to be. I got the one below, 3 sets for $10 on amazon. Works good and don't make me have to flex my fingers afterward. Sucks getting old.

1692304305280.png

1692304430826.png

Even came with one of these
1692306440545.png

Latest posts