Best Quota hunt other than PI

tn droptine

Well, now that I moved to Utah, I don't see much reason to keep pursuing the ever elusive PI hunt (plus who knows how long that will be available). That being said - what is a quota hunt that I can put in for that would be worth the trip to burn my points? Just looking for a hunt that I'll have a good chance at seeing deer, not out for a wall hanger or anything, just decent deer numbers.

TraumaSlave

Shh,, don't tell anybody,, I hunted Tellico West last weekend and have never seen as many deer in a season as I did in 2 days. If it wasn't bow only, I'd have stacked em like cord wood.

catman529

BuckHunter511":2gqmqxm3 said:
I heard Yanahli is good, I've never personally been. Oak Ridge used to be good, but EHD did a number on them this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yanahli does not have draw hunts... it's statewide season, full blast orange army

JeepKuntry

BuckHunter511":22xnanze said:
I heard Yanahli is good, I've never personally been. Oak Ridge used to be good, but EHD did a number on them this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are thinking about Yuchi. From what I read this year, standing corn and moon phase kept the kill numbers way down. Just my opinion, but depending on points, I'd keep going on PI.

Coldfusion

Here's the thing about yanahli....EVERYONE THINKS IT'S GOOD. Some of us this is our closest public land which sucks because at one point it was plentiful from my understanding. Then some turkey publications printed it as the best public land in TN, then after everyone came in for turkey they followed with deer. Now it is overrun during turkey and deer season. Many out of staters come here. It makes me nervous during rifle season, and came close to getting shot during turkey. If your in Yanhali your probably not gonna be alone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JeepKuntry

I have never stepped foot on Yanahli. But have family in that area. A distant relative came down from out of state, bought the licenses, and killed a smaller doe on the first day though. I think overall numbers are higher and that is why so many people go.

Latest posts