Best 1911 for the money

fairchaser

This has probably been covered but considering buying a 1911 and there are so many and the prices range from $350 (made in Turkey) to astronomical. I've seen one made from a meteor and one made from railing from the Statue of Liberty. Let's get some opinions on something a little more practical.

GreyGoose

i really enjoy my para expert carry 3" for cc,its in the midrange $$,i am in the market for a full size myself and i am finding sooo many options and price ranges.leaning toward colt or kimber

GOODWIN

I like my full size Para Expert SS. Think I had $450 in it after the rebate several years ago. CDNNsports.com

Before that I had a plain jane Rock Island that I didn't care for that much. Got rid of it.

landman

Some of those foreign made cheap guns are good, but once you buy it new plan on keeping it, the value drops greatly

Hard to bet a Sig, Colt,S&W, and some Kimbers

Nsghunter

I have a full size, parkerized Springfield A1 GI. it runs well but if I bought again I would look at a colt or kimber.
My gun runs well and I would buy another one. I would like a few more options. Like tridium sights. I have the blades and it doesn't help my for accuracy. A combat style hammer would be nice. I love mine tho and it is my everyday carry until I'm financially authorized to get a Glock. I'm 6 feet tall and 250 so not conceals easy.

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
IMO, Dan Wesson 1911's are the best for the money. Everyone I own is very close in fit/finish/accuracy as my custom Nighthawk and at half the price.

They are still an expensive up charge over production Springfields, Colt, etc. but well worth the money.

Deerhunter

markwondi":2lk6zlu2 said:
IMO, Dan Wesson 1911's are the best for the money. Everyone I own is very close in fit/finish/accuracy as my custom Nighthawk and at half the price.

They are still an expensive up charge over production Springfields, Colt, etc. but well worth the money.

Dollar for dollar you can't beat a Dan Wesson 1911. I had a couple of Kimbers, a Springer loaded, and 2 Sigs, but after picking up a DW Valor VBob, I am sold on the DWs. Hand fitting and no MIM parts, I had a MiM mainspring housing on a Kimber pro eclipse crack

Hunter 257W

Used to, the old Argentina 1927 surplus guns were a great deal for a carry gun that was absolutely reliable but they've been discovered now and aren't the cheap bargains they once were. I have 2 of them and only paid something like $275 each back in the 1990's. I had to do a home feed ramp mod on one to get it to feed with hollow points but the other was already modified to be 100% reliable when I got it. That worked out well for me though as I'd never done that job before but having the one modified gun, all i had to do was make them match.

TraumaSlave

Too general a question to ask since there are so many different styles. Would it be for target shooting ? Competition? CCW? Collection? Caliber? All the big names are good, Kimber, Sig, Para, Colt,,,,,. I need one for my collection as I think every collection needs a 1911. Kinda like the Gold Cup myself.

fairchaser

TraumaSlave":17zm5atn said:
Too general a question to ask since there are so many different styles. Would it be for target shooting ? Competition? CCW? Collection? Caliber? All the big names are good, Kimber, Sig, Para, Colt,,,,,. I need one for my collection as I think every collection needs a 1911. Kinda like the Gold Cup myself.

That's pretty much it TS. I want one for my collection. But, I also want one that I can shoot and will hold its value for a reasonable price.

Jon54

I got an email recently from Slickguns and they had a Rock Island for less than $400, if my feeble brain is right.

Daniel n

Jon54":361ipc73 said:
I got an email recently from Slickguns and they had a Rock Island for less than $400, if my feeble brain is right.
My Rock island gets shot more than anything else I have. It eats everything I put in it where my Springfield seems to be a little picky.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts