Besides Me, Who Has

b-model mack

Shot the ramrod? I lost my concentration and shot the ramrod from my optima pro, 110 grains loose A/P and 350 grain bullet behind it. The ramrod was the heavy type. Felt like dropping both hammers at the same time on my dads old 12 gage, it really ROCKED MY WORLD.

I've checked the barrel and cannot find any defects and the breech plug is OK. I hope it will pattern the same, it was shooting less than 2 inch groups at 100 yards.

RussellvilleRob

Yep! I sent one flying out of my Encore a couple years ago. The barrel was fine but it buggered up the breech plug a little. As for me, after I wiped the blood from my brow (scope whoopin), I was fine. It did feel like a tractor trailer hit my shoulder.

CHRIS WILSON

Haven't had the pleasure of doing that yet. I've heard enough stories about that to be paranoid about my range rod when shooting. I do find it amusing that one can become so distracted as to forget to pull the ram rod.

b-model mack

Hey AAHCmember! Like you, I would like to see the ramrod too. I never found the thing! NEXT TIME I GO SHOOTING I WILL LEAVE MY CELL PHONE IN THE TRUCK TO AVOID DISTRACTION!!! "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I'M FINISHED TO TALK WITH ME!

4onaside

That's one of the few things that I have not done, nor am I likely to do, because, ever since I tried to seat some Barnes bullets, I use a converted shotgun cleaning rod, with a perpendicular black plastic handle. If I don't notice that sticking out of my barrel, please have me committed!

TNCharlie

Yep - a couple of years ago. I was concentrating on getting a load that would work well and got out of sequence with my loading routine. Knocked me goofy. It drove my right fist square into my nose. No damage to the rifle; not so for the ramrod or my face. I had raccoon eyes for a few days.

Funny how I pay so much more attention to that now. :smile:

Buncome_ridge_hunter

stovepipe said:
He got a case of magnum eyebrow and it even broke the frames on his mil-spec GI issue birth-conrol glasses...dork :D Darin, buddy you know who you are. :D

Wow! Those things are hard to break. I tried to break a pair on purpose once. Not easy. Must have been a pretty hard blow to break those ugly things. Those things are called bcgs for a reason. lol. :grin:

Latest posts