Beech Lake Marine

Spurhunter

I took my boat to Beech Lake Marine to hopefully get the Yamaha 175 running right. I picked it up yesterday and took it across the road to Beech Lake for a test run before I pulled it almost 2 hours home. It is running like a brand new one. Beech Lake Marine was great. I feel like they were honest on the shop hours they charged and the hours were actually lower than I expected. They sent my injectors off to have them serviced and flow tested. They estimated what it would cost per injector and they were off by $15 an injector. They could've charged me that $90 since I had already agreed to it, but they told me they over estimated and charged me the actual price. I feel like they are honest folks, and everybody I talked to, including the technicians were as nice and helpful as they could be. If you need your outboard worked on I highly recommend them. It did take them longer than expected, but I understand stuff happens, parts don't arrive when they are supposed to, etc.

WilcoKen

Yes they are good folks. I bought my Xpress from them and researched them with friends from that area. They were great to work with. My boat was used and they let me put it in their test tank, start it, and shift through F,N,R before I bought it.

TiminTN

I wonder if they rig aluminum boats? I bought a Garmin trolling motor and Garmin forward facing sonar.... need a stand for it and switched over to lithium batteries. I had hoped to get it done here by Performance Fishing but am having no luck getting any commitment out of them whatsoever which is disappointing I trust them wholeheartedly.

Last edited:

Spurhunter

I wonder if they rig aluminum boats? I bought a Garmin trolling motor and Garmin forward facing sonar.... need a stand for it and switched over to lithium batteries. I had hoped to get it done here by Performance Fishing but am having no luck getting any commitment out of them whatsoever which is disappointing I trust them wholeheartedly.
Maybe Performance is swamped and can't get to it. I don't know, but Jamey and Danny are both top notch folks to deal with. I'm not sure what you mean by a "stand". I have a Garmin Force trolling motor and the install is pretty easy. The instructions are good and there's several good YouTube videos. As far as Lithium batteries, there's no different rigging. I took my old batteries out, cut the trays down to fit the smaller Lithiums, and put everything back in. If you don't have time that's a whole different issue. I certainly understand that.

TiminTN

I know they are no doubt, is why it hurts to ask. I just been told 2 weeks, to many times. My patience and Danny's scheduling are having difficulties. He has walked me down a very straight path, and I had purchased the wrong Garmin unit. I returned the wrong one and went with a dedicated livescope unit as he suggested. I thought I had done everything asked of me. Your word has to become part of the equation at some point. The "stand" is Danny is Cornfield Custom dealer, and I hope stocked the telescoping 2 unit holder. I also got educated by Danny on Hummingbird mapping. I was going to go 2 Garmins. I took off my old trolling motor to help save time, but may watch some install videos. I cannot believe I replaced the outboard to a new Suzuki 60, and have yet be able to run it.

Last edited:

tnanh

Beech lake Marine is the only place I have trusted with any of my boats for a lot of years. I have bought several boats from them including a recent pontoon. As long as they are in business they will be the only one I use.

Spurhunter

I know they are no doubt, is why it hurts to ask. I just been told 2 weeks, to many times. My patience and Danny's scheduling are having difficulties. He has walked me down a very straight path, and I had purchased the wrong Garmin unit. I returned the wrong one and went with a dedicated livescope unit as he suggested. I thought I had done everything asked of me. Your word has to become part of the equation at some point. The "stand" is Danny is Cornfield Custom dealer, and I hope stocked the telescoping 2 unit holder. I also got educated by Danny on Hummingbird mapping. I was going to go 2 Garmins. I took off my old trolling motor to help save time, but may watch some install videos. I cannot believe I replaced the outboard to a new Suzuki 60, and have yet be able to run it.
I hate to hear that. I obviously don't know what's going on but I hope yall get it worked out. I can't remember where you live, but if we could get half a day together we could get the Force mounted and your lithium batteries installed. Someone that does a lot of them would be faster, but I did mine almost 2 years ago. I'd have to go step by step and I'm OCD about boat stuff being perfect.

TiminTN

Something happened, cause I got a call last night from Danny. He was ready for me to bring in my boat this morning. Being retired had its advantages and was able to deliver it around 11:00 am. Meeting his crew was a highlight, very supportive/dedicated souls that you could not pick out anyone better to leave you boat in their hands. I hope Jamie would consider taking me out on a Garmin training session...lol.

TiminTN

I hate to hear that. I obviously don't know what's going on but I hope yall get it worked out. I can't remember where you live, but if we could get half a day together we could get the Force mounted and your lithium batteries installed. Someone that does a lot of them would be faster, but I did mine almost 2 years ago. I'd have to go step by step and I'm OCD about boat stuff being perfect.
I can't tell you how that made me feel. Thank you for that dang fine offer. Munford is north of me. I reside in Memphis.

Spurhunter

I can't tell you how that made me feel. Thank you for that dang fine offer. Munford is north of me. I reside in Memphis.
I work in Memphis. With you being retired we could've got it done easily. I'm pretty handy around boats if you ever need help with something. You are going to be well pleased with Danny and Jamey's work I'm sure.

Latest posts