bear hunting ?s

kasey

i want to hunt bears but need help on where to go.how to hunt them.just any help would be great.i live near bass pro so the closer the better.thanks

ghosthunter

That's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'd prefer to learn how to do it without dogs, but I wouldn't mind going on a dog hunt. I'll be watching to see what others have to say.

Darkthirty II

There are some really good outfitters in eastern North Carolina, and some public land opportunities there also. Public land bears are hit pretty hard by the houndsmen, and still hunting opportunities are there, but chances are slim to see one in the daylight. The private land outfitters are pricey, but IMO, for the best chance at a world class bear, the eastern most central part of NC is your best chance either dogging or still hunting. You may see more bears in other parts of the country, but you'll be hard pressed to find bigger.

InfoMan

Go to www.tnwildlife.org and look at harvest figures for bears in each county by each season. Go to the county and plug in the hunt dates for 2007. You might be surprised at the bears harvested during the last two weeks of archery-only season and the gun season for still hunting.

For still hunting scout out an area where bears are using (oaks, grapes, even apple orchards) and set up on trails or the feeding area.

Latest posts