Bear Game Over bow

UTGrad

Went to BPS today and chewed the fat with a guy in the archery proshop. I told him I wanted to look at a bow that I could use for years to come without spending at the high end level. The Bear Game Over bow came with alot of features for a good price. Is this a good brand/bow?

bobthebowhunter

Shoot it. Bear bows have been around since archery. As long as you like the feel of the bow I see no reason why not to purchase.

I would advise that you shoot as many bows as possible before you make your choice. no matter the brand

Radar

Shoot a few others too . The Bear Game over is a good start . Diamond , Reflex, Mission, Hoyt , etc. all make some good mid price range bows as well . Don't base your decision on price alone . Buy the bow that fits you and your budget .

JayMc

My brother shot a Diamond that was from their pre-Bowtech days until last year. It was a great bow. I've heard nothing but great things about Diamond after the buyout too.

My dad recently bought a Reflex and it seems like a very nice bow also. They are made by Hoyt and are very solid.

Don't forget about PSE and Parker. Both can be demo'd at Bass Pro along with Diamond and Reflex.

Mission is made by Mathews so I have to love them :D

There are lots of great options out there to choose from, but it can be hard to find all of them to shoot around here. Hermitage archery had three bows on the wall last week when I was in there. I don't know what Steve's keeps in stock. With Chance and Hunt's closing down in the last couple years it's getting to be slim pickins to demo bows. I've never been out to Dickson, but I've heard good things about the shop there. There's another in Ashland City that's coming on strong. If you drive a bit you can find something to shoot.

Check your PM UTGrad.

Carnage

My nephew got the Bear Lights Out for Xmas. We spent most of the afternoon shooting it and my Rock by Bowtech. He's a young one, so he has the 50-60lb currently set at 50 and mine's set at 70, so my arrow speed is a lot faster.Other than that, they're both really nice bows and shoot well. Both were real easy to hold back, had good ready-to-shoot packages and were fairly quiet. The lights out came with the whisker biscuit type rest and the rock came with a hostage style rest.

Baxter83

Bear has been around forever so it's probably a good choice. I bought a new Martin Bengal last year and am very pleased with it. It's much smoother and quieter than my buddies $800 reflex he got the year before. For just under $600 I have everything I need from a dozen carbon fury arrows, sights, whisker biscuit, quiver and a $30 Wal Mart release.

Latest posts